Shishu Sarothi Centre For Rehabilitation & Training For Multiple Disability (NGO) recruits Trainer (Special Needs) in Guwahati Mar 2021
Organisation: Shishu Sarothi Centre For Rehabilitation & Training For Multiple Disability (NGO)
Graduate / Diploma in the field of disability such as in Visual Impairment, Hearing Impairment, Mental Retardation, Deaf-blindness or Multiple Disabilities. Preference will be given to candidates holding degree / diploma in Deaf -blindness.
2. JOB PURPOSE
The position requires supporting north east region partner organizations through training and skill building activities. Executing content support and quality of services at regional partner organizations. The position also necessitates building content knowledge within DbRC.
3. SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Identifying training needs of regional partner organization through appropriate mechanism and regular consultation with regional partners and stakeholders.
· Develop, design and coordinate a comprehensive training package for skill building of staff in regional partner organization.
· Hands on training to educators/field staff at project sites on need based deafblind content issues.
· Follow up with regional partners with training, materials, literature, action plan and other partner support activities related to deafblind content.
· Support regional partner organization in developing appropriate training packages.
· Monitor and review the outcome and impact of various training programmes of DbRC.
· Document and report various training activities of DbRC.
· Collate and draft content matter for in house publications within DbRC.
· Coordinate with team members and other departments on content issues with DbRC and other organization.
· Provide content support to the regional networks of adult deafblind people, their families and teachers.
· Support in overall administration and smooth functioning of DbRC.
· Any other work as agreed by Supervisor.
4. PERSON SPECIFICATION
· Should have prior experience of working with children and young adults with disabilities (preferably deafblindness) for one or two years.
· Should have experience of organizing trainings programmes in association with various partners.
· Willing to travel 8-10 days a month to different places in the region.
· Effectively, speak, communicate and support in training sessions and preferably in regional languages.
· Able to analyze data and situations and adopt effective course of action
· Relate and interact successfully with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
· Operate a computer and MS Office programs.
· Keep up to date developments in the field by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses.
· Good interpersonal skills to work with people at all levels
· Written and spoken communication skills in Hindi, English and regional language
· Able to manage time and meet deadlines.
· Able to facilitate groups.
Please mail your CVs to: email@example.com