Shishu Sarothi Centre For Rehabilitation & Training For Multiple Disability (NGO) recruits Vocational Instructor in Guwahati Mar 2021
Organisation: Shishu Sarothi Centre For Rehabilitation & Training For Multiple Disability (NGO)
Post: Vocational Instructor
Diploma in Vocational training (preference)/ Diploma in Special Education Deaf-blind / Visual Impairment / Hearing Impairment with one-year experience in vocational training.
2. JOB PURPOSE
The Vocational teacher is directly responsible for designing comprehensive assessment for each student, provides evaluation designs for situational vocational assessments within the school workshop and community environment and coordinates educational and supportive services necessary to implement each students Individualized Education Plan(IEP) with integrity and provide an appropriate transition program.
3. SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Actively participate in the development of student Individualized Education Plan(IEPs), including Transition plan.
· Design a comprehensive vocational assessment plan for each student to appropriately determine transition plan outcomes for the purpose of insuring students understand and are aware of the relationship between school and work.
· Compile and maintain necessary records, IEPs, and reports for the purpose of maintaining accurate student records.
· Identifying diverse abilities of students and adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students varying needs and interest.
· Develop IEP goals and benchmarks based on the vocational assessments related to student interest in career or work for the purpose of setting appropriate students goals based on present levels of performance.
· Instruct student individually and groups, using various teaching methods, such as lectures, demonstration, modelling, discussion.
· Establish clear objectives for all lesson and communicate those to students.
· Maintain appropriate student behaviour control and participate in the development and implementation of behaviour intervention plan with integrity when appropriate for the purpose of classroom management and providing a safe, learning environment for all students.
· Maintain effective communication with students, staff, parents, and administration for the purpose of collaboration and planning.
· Participate in team meetings and IEP meetings to address students needs for the purpose of developing an appropriate Transition plan.
· Participate in professional growth activities on a yearly basis for the purpose of increasing knowledge and ability to implement interventions with integrity and incorporate best practices.
· Plan and conduct parent conference for each student as necessary for the purpose of communicating to parents about student vocational evaluation results and progress towards transition plans.
· Plan and supervise the function of all job coaches assigned to work sites/workshop for the purpose of effectively meeting students goals.
· Prepare a work specific plan to address areas of weakness identified through evaluation for the purpose of students meeting goals.
· Use of technology to communicate, collect and analyze data, and compile reports.
4. PERSON SPECIFICATION
· Should have prior experience of working in Vocational with children and young adults with disabilities (preferably deafblindness) for one years.
· Should have experience of organizing and carrying out lessons.
· Should be inculcating creative ideas, managing time.
· Expert in communicating in sign language (ASL/ISL)
· Relate and interact successfully with persons of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
· Operate a computer and MS Office programs.
· Good interpersonal skills to work with children/adult with Deafblindness
· Written and spoken communication skills in Hindi, English and regional language
· Able to facilitate groups
Mail your CV to: email@example.com