Seven Sisters Development Assistance (SeSTA) (NGO) recruits Consultant (Convergence) in Guwahati Sept 2019
RECRUITMENT OF CONSULTANT (CONVERGENCE)
Seven Sisters Development Assistance (SeSTA) – www.sesta.org, is a professionally managed, non governmental, not-for-profit organization initiated by a group of young professionals engaged in different parts of North-East India. The name SeSTA is pronounced ‘Chesta’ and means ‘Effort’ in Assamese. It was begun with the idea of enhancing the capabilities of vulnerable communities by creating a just and equitable society devoid of poverty and identity-related crises, and by promoting and strengthening institutions in the north-eastern region of India. SeSTA’s mission is to catalyse inclusive and sustainable development in the North-East region of India by enhancing the capabilities of the rural communities.
SeSTA is looking for experienced professionals as Consultant (Convergence). Candidates need to possess
conceptual and interactive skills. The place of work is likely to be in Guwahati, Assam.
The details of the position are as below-
Name of position – Consultant (Convergence)
Contract duration – 12 months (extendable)
Place of Posting – Guwahati
Roles and Responsibilities
- Regularly Engage with Nodal Persons of State Government and various Department Heads
especially of P&RD for ensuring convergence of various government programmes and
accessing various schemes, rights & entitlements ,leverage of funds for livelihoods assets
creation by rural communities in operational areas of SeSTA.
- Develop standard operating procedures, training modules, presentations, and IEC materials
etc for planning, implementing and monitoring INRM-based schemes in Mahatma Gandhi
National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGA) and other government schemes.
- Engage with the various Government Departments especially MGNREGA Cell, Panchayati Raj
and Rural Development (P&RD) in planning, implementing and monitoring of Individual
Beneficiary Schemes (IBS) under MGNREGA.
- Engage with the State Government in building capacities of the various stakeholders of
MGNREGA like Gram Panchayat representatives, frontline functionaries, partner CSOs in
GPDP, convergence etc through trainings, development of resource material, circulation of
relevant information, influencing at various levels etc.
- Provide thematic support to the various stakeholders of the blocks such as local
administration, Panchayats, SeSTA teams, Women Collectives Like Village Organisations (VOs) in decentralised participatory planning processes and leveraging funds through convergence.
- Support SeSTA on-field professionals in creating individual livelihood assets by leveraging fund from MGNREGA developing models in livelihood assets creation in few blocks to influence the Government agencies and PRIs.
- Make regular field visits to blocks/districts to understand the status of implementation of MGNREGS and other convergence schemes and provide on field support to field teams of SeSTA.
- Prepare reports and presentations on the existing status of MGNREGA, other government schemes in the state and suggest measures for improvement.
- Prepare evaluation reports, presentations and policy briefs for the departments based on analysis of MIS data, reports sent by various stakeholders and field visits.
- Engage with the departments in setting up processes for redressing workers’ grievances at the block, district and state levels and regularly analyse the status of the grievances and the action taken by various stakeholders.
- Develop standard operating procedures, training modules, presentations, and IEC materials etc on processes of grievance redress in MGNREGA, other government schemes.
- Design systems and processes to track beneficiaries availing various schemes, rights and entitlements and also funds leverage through convergence.
Report to the Programme Director (Operations).
Education: Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or Science, Humanities/Professional Degree like B.E, B.Tech, B.Sc (Agri/Fishery/Forestry/Veterinary Sciences).
Experience: At least Eight (8) years of experience of working on rural livelihoods, integrated natural resource management and participatory planning.
- Familiarity with processes of planning, implementation and monitoring of different Government Schemes especially MGNREGA required.
- Prior experience of working with Government departments, Panchayati Raj Institutes (PRIs) – Panchayats/VCDCs/VCs.
Knowledge and Skills
- Usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, and Power Point, etc).
- Thorough understanding of Integrated Natural Resource Management (INRM).
- Through decentralised planning process like Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP).
- Understanding of various Rights & Entitlements, different schemes of Rural Development and Line Departments is mandatory.
Language and other requirements
- Excellent command (reading, writing and speaking) of English and Assamese, other Local
languages will be an advantage.
- Willingness to travel to and stay in remote locations of Assam and other parts of North-East.
The remuneration will be in the range of Rs. 70,000/- per month, based on the experience, knowledge and skills of the selected candidate. Applicable taxes would be deducted.
Interested Candidates may send their Resume with at least two references to email@example.com with
a Letter stating Expression of Interest on or before 23rd September, 2019.