Arohan Financial Services Ltd. recruits Business Development Executive in Guwahati
Organization : Arohan Financial Services Ltd.
Employment : Permanent
Arohan Financial Services Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified and experienced women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Arohan Financial Services Ltd.:
Arohan is a National Award winning fast growing microfinance institution, based out of Kolkata, catering to the urban poor of eastern India, with a range of product offerings.
The mission of Arohan is to provide financial services to socio-economically disadvantaged sections to enable them attain a better quality of life and while doing so earn an attractive return on capital for its investors.
The client base Arohan has identified for itself are micro-entrepreneurs in the trade, services & manufacturing sector, small and marginal farmers involved in agriculture and agri-allied activities, wage labourers in the farm and non-farm sector and low income workers of the organized sector. Arohan’s customers are involved in various livelihoods like petty trading in edibles, garments & groceries, handlooms and handcrafts, weaving & stitching, services like running roadside eateries & repair shops, vegetable cultivation, transportation, etc. They are typically illiterate or have studied till middle school, live in slums and low income areas in rooms less than 200 sq. ft. and have never transacted with a bank.
Arohan has a professional management team, eminent members on its Board and support from institutional investors. In its 4 years of operations, it has already reached 200,000 households. As a young organization, Arohan offers an exciting career opportunity for professionals to build a top class organization. We seek to develop an organizational culture, which is congenial, promotes learning and values transparency, performance and integrity.
DESIGNATION : EXECUTIVE (Business Development)
As part of the scaling up of business in Bihar and Assam, Arohan seeks applications from suitable candidates for the post of Executive (Business Development). Reporting will be to the General Manager (Operations).
LOCATION : Patna (Bihar) and Guwahati (Assam)
EXECUTIVE (Business Development) will provide technical assistance to Operations Resources in the area of Strategic Information including M&E, business planning, portfolio control, Capacity Building, regular MIS, data triangulation, analysis and use.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Responsible for guiding Branches to enable them achieve business targets
• Portfolio analysis and reporting to stakeholders
• Monitoring compliance with laid down procedures and norms
• Recruitment and Training of field staff
• Coordinate field visits for key stakeholders
EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Candidate should ideally be an MBA, MSW or B.Sc. (Agr.) with at least 4 years of relevant experience in microfinance, sales & marketing, finance or development work
• Should be conversant in Hindi and Assamese (in case of Assam)
• Strong analytical & data processing skills
• Less than 30 years of age
• Remuneration is negotiable and at par with the best in the industry. However, offers shall be based on relevant experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates for both of the above positions should email their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning their present remuneration. It is necessary to mention the post title in subject line while applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.