State Training Coordinator, EngenderHealth Society, Nagaland/Manipur
State Training Coordinator
Locations: Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Nagaland/Manipur
Last Date: June 30, 2010
EngenderHealth Society (EHS) is a registered Indian NGO working to reduce the impact of the HIV/AIDS epidemic, especially through building linkages with the government, greater involvement of people living with HIV and strengthening the capacity of public, private & community-based networks in providing quality care &support services to PLHA.
EngenderHealth Society is part of the NGO consortium implementing the HIV/AIDS Care and Support Program in 9 states of India, funded by The Global Fund. This program complements the national scale up of Antiretroviral services for PLHIV by the National AIDS Control Organisation. As a capacity building partner, the key role of EngenderHealth Society is to train the NGO sector providers for providing quality care and support services to people living with HIV in accordance with national treatment guidelines.
EngenderHealth Society invites applications for the position of State Training Coordinator. The state training co-ordinator will be responsible for leading and coordinating the implementation of the GFATM project activities especially the capacity building activities at the state level and providing technical assistance to the partners and Continuing Centres of Education and Training (CETCs). Reporting to the Training Manager and working with the project team for documentation, monitoring & evaluation activities, the state training co-ordinator represent EHS in the six high prevalence states and states of UP, Madhya Pradesh & Rajasthan.
• Co ordinate program implementation at state level, provide support to prepare the state level annual project Implementation Plan, training calendar in consultation with consortium partners.
• Conduct trainings and TOT; facilitate trainings and workshops in the particular state. Manage provision of technical assistance to CETCs including conducting annual program design workshops and maintaining quality of the training programs.
• Responsible for data collection related to MIS and research studies, prepare periodic reports & document project findings.
• Provide technical assistance for training and curriculum development related to peer based interventions for HIV positive people including development, adaptation and review of the translated version of the curriculums in their respective regional language.
• Develop and maintain relations with partners and other stakeholders. Represent the project in the general area of training and learning approaches to State AIDS Control Societies, institutions hosting Continuing Education and Training Centres, and other projects, donors, and agencies working at the state level.
These positions are state based and will require travel up to 40 %.
Qualifications and Experience
• Post Graduate degree in health/social work, psychology and or sociology or equivalent. More than 5 years experience in developing and implementing training and other field interventions, with a minimum of 3-4 years experience in HIV/AIDS or other relevant health area preferably with NGO sector programming.
• English fluency required high competencies in written and spoken regional languages as per the state specific languages.
• Strong networking, liaisoning and relationship building skills with a good team spirit.
• Advanced computer skills
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize effectively.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English/Regional languages.
• Excellent documentation skills.
EngenderHealth Society provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status.
To apply submit your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com