National AIDS control Organisation recruits Technical Officer (2 posts)
Regional TI Technical Officer (RTO) – 2
Location: NACO Regional Office, Guwahati with frequent travel to the 8 NE States
Reports to: Regional Program Advisor (TI)
Position Objective: To support NE TIs in effective implementation of the programs through training, orientation, monitoring and assessment of the SACS NGOs performance on regular basis.
Remuneration/ salary Scale: He / she will be given a total remuneration of 25,000 – 30,000 per month. She/he is entitle to air travel by Economy Class during official tour anywhere in India or abroad.
Term of Contract appointment: One year contractual appointment but extendable base on the performance and life of the project.
• Ensuring compliance to NACO TI operational guidelines by SACS and its implementing NGOS/CBOs for effective and efficient implementation of the Targeted Interventions
• Ensuring provision of adequate and appropriate TI related trainings for all levels of implementing NGOs/CBOs by SACS and STRC
• Ensuring regular monitoring and reviewing of the implementation of the Targeted Intervention and provide intense on-site technical assistance to low performing NGOs in ensuring that technical assistance provided to NGOs by POs, SACS TI personnel and STRC is optimal
• Coordinate with POs based at the district and ensure that issues/gaps identified are appropriately address by concern SACS
• Monitor and report on progress of TI components to NERO TI Team Leader, including active risk management through monthly reporting format
• Coordinate with NERO TI Team in facilitating state level coordination meeting with SACS, POs and STRC for reviewing the technical input status and visit of the POs and developed optional strategy for scaling up the TI performance
• Ensuring in achievement of the NERO TI implementation plan in coordination/ consultation with the team
• Discharge any other duty as desired by the Regional Programme Advisor TI and the Team Leader
• She/He may be post graduate degree/ diploma in Public health/ health management or Master in Sociology/ Social work.
• She/He has worked in a senior and responsible position in the field of HIV/AIDS or amongst the High Risks Groups communities- IDU/FSW/MSM for a minimum period of 5 years.
• She/He should be preferably a permanent resident of one of the North East States.
Application Process: To apply:
• Send your CV (not longer than 2 pages) via email only, together with Covering Letter outlining relevant experience and explaining why you want to apply for the role (no longer than 1 page).
E-mail your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
• Deadline for applications: June 23, 2010
• Date of Interview: 28th June 2010
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email and or phone on 23 or 24 for personal interview at NACO sub Office in Guwahati