National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO), Guwahati recruits Team Leader
Team Leader – NACO Regional Office, North East States
National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO)/ Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
Annual Compensation: 15 lakhs approx
Last Date: June 30, 2010
Applications must be submitted in the standard form downloadable from http://www.sams.co.in
TEAM LEADER, NACO REGIONAL OFFICE, NORTH EAST STATES
1. POSITION VACANT: Team Leader – NACO Regional Office, North East States
(TL-NACO; 1 Vacancy, Guwahati)
2. ORGANIZATION/ PROJECT:
National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO) has established a regional sub office in Guwahati, in order to strengthen its direct technical and managerial support to the eight North Eastern states. The main role of the Regional Office is to:
(1) Facilitate technical support for the Northeastern States for HIV prevention, treatment, care and support and build state-wide partnerships of government, civil society and development partners
(2) Support implementation of the Annual Action Plans by offering strategic technical assistance at the local level, in close collaboration with the National Rural Health Mission (NRHM).
The Team Leader (TL) will lead the team at the NACO Regional Office and coordinate with multiple stakeholders such as the Project Directors of the eight North Eastern SACS, government counterparts and civil society organizations. S/he will be responsible for mobilizing and coordinating technical support for the eight SACS and ensuring the effective implementation of their State Action Plans.
The TL will therefore play a lead role in implementing HIV/AIDS policy in the entire NE region.
3. JOB DESCRIPTION/ RESPONSIBILITIES:
The TL will report to the Director General, NACO and her/ his detailed responsibilities shall be as follows:
(1) Manage and lead the team at the NACO Regional Office in Guwahati and the functioning of the TSU structure created at NERO for the NE.
(2) Oversee, monitor and supervise effective, efficient and proper implementation of the National AIDS Control programme in all the North Eastern States, including Sikkim, as per guidelines and directions of NACO.
(3) Initiate measures for capacity building in the area of project planning, project management, advocacy, monitoring, evaluation, survey, research and also training of various categories of workers of the State AIDS Control Societies, NGOs, Civil Society, Government Departments, etc.
(4) Give guidance for the proper preparation of action plans and action calendars to enable the Project Directors of SACS to prepare their action plans and action calendars scientifically.
(5) Monitor the progress of physical and financial performance of the State AIDS Control Societies.
(6) Visit the states, SACS, NGOs, Civil Society Organizations, Government Departments, State Authorities, etc. for ensuring smooth and proper implementation of the National AIDS Control Programme in all North Eastern States including Sikkim.
(7) Sponsor/ conduct surveys, research studies in priority areas of HIV/AIDS, STDs and Drug abuse to strengthen and help in proper implementation of the National AIDS Control Programme.
(8) Help the SACS and the state Governments in developing state specific AIDS Policies for effective implementation of the National AIDS Control Programme.
(9) Coordinate with all government departments for mainstreaming of drug abuse and AIDS and to ensure proper working of the State Legislators Forum, State Council on AIDS and for overcoming discrimination and stigmatization, etc.
(10) Coordinate technical and financial support available from the United Nations, Gates Foundation and other donors in the Northeast, and establish appropriate coordination mechanisms at the regional level
(11) Document best practice models in the area of policy development.
4. DESIRED PROFILE OF THE CANDIDATE:
Post Graduate degree in Management/ Sociology/ Social-work/ Anthropology/ Medicine/ Public Administration or related field.
Skills and Attributes:
(1) Strong leadership and management skills
(2) Strong team skills with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders
(3) Excellent communication skills
(4) Advanced computer skills necessary.
(5) Understanding of development issues of North East states is desirable.
5. DESIRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
At least eight years of experience in a leadership position. Experience in Health/ HIV is highly desirable.
6. COMPENSATION OFFERED:
Approximately Rs 15 lacs per annum, on a cost to organization basis. Final offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, skills, experience and salary history of the candidate selected.
7. DURATION OF CONTRACT:
The appointment is for a period of three years and the employment contract shall be renewed annually, subject to satisfactory performance.
8. LOCATION OF VACANCY:
10. CONTACT INFORMATION:
Strategic Alliance Management Services P Ltd.
B 372 New Friends Colony
New Delhi 110 025
11. LAST DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:
Applications must be couriered or emailed to the above address or email id by or before June 30, 2010.