Seven Sisters Development Assistance (SeSTA) (NGO) invites Quotation from Media Houses / Individuals for Video Documentary in Assam June 2019
Seven Sisters Development Assistance (SeSTA) (www.sesta.org) invites Quotation from short film/documentary making Media Houses/Individuals for One Video Documentary on the Organisation for dissemination of its works.
Seven Sisters Development Assistance known as SeSTA (www.sesta.org ) is an NGO that works directly with poor and marginalized communities in 13 districts of Assam and Tripura. We are presently working with over 12000 families directly to reduce poverty through enhancing assets / capabilities and facilitating access to sustainable income earning opportunities. To achieve this vision, we have placed 45 highly motivated and skilled professionals in villages who work directly with communities to:
- Promote / nurture women’s groups to build capabilities and leverage institutional finances for members’ livelihoods
- Develop and introduce locally suitable Livelihood activities to increase incomes
- Mobilise finances for livelihood assets and infrastructure
- Set up mechanisms to sustain the livelihood gains made by the communities
What is the opportunity?
SeSTA is planning to develop one short (10-12 mins) video documentary highlighting its works and grassroots engagement along with impact to disseminate to external stakeholders like community, donors, partner organisations and other agencies like Govt. stakeholders etc. This is also meant to be a promotional video with can be used to convey SeSTA’s works to potential donors, various institutions including educational ones to attract people interested to join SeSTA as well as Individuals willing to collaborate.
The documentary will focus on the following (only an indicative list):
- SeSTA’s genesis
- SeSTA’s programmes and interventions
- SeSTA’s growth over the years
- Processes followed
- SeSTA’s people
- Community’s and stakeholders’ feedback
The services should include
- Preparation of story line/script
- Shooting in relevant field locations along with interview of relevant
- Voice over and subtitles in English, Bengali and Assamese
In addition to leading a critical initiative for the organization and setting the stage for our future impact, the Organisation/Firm will have an opportunity to learn about SeSTA’s development approach and also about the political, social and economic context of some of the poorest regions of Assam.
Who are we looking for?
The Organisation/Firm would be expected to develop the all the videos and will work closely with the Programme Anchor of SeSTA based in Assam. Travel to SeSTA’s field locations might also be required. We expect it would take 4-6 weeks at the maximum to complete the project from date of commencement and are looking for Organisation/Firms who:
- Have a demonstrated interest & knowledge of rural development
- Have some previous experience or knowledge of making audio video tools for development
- Are able to work independently to structure the storyboard and design phase, identify the resources required and engage people across the organization and externally to come up with a robust solution
- Are comfortable working and travelling in rural / remote locations
- Previous experience in Assam and NE and local language skills is preferred but not required
The Remuneration/Consultancy charge is negotiable.
How can you get involved?
Interested Organisations/Firms with the relevant background should submit their CV with 2 References and at least 2 links to relevant videos developed along with an Expression of Interest (EoI) mentioning Detailed Costs Breakup, timeline, processes to be followed and about the firm/individual credentials via mail in a PDF copy to firstname.lastname@example.org before 30th June 2019. For any query, mails may be sent to the above mail ID.