1.1 About SeSTA
Seven Sisters Development Assistance known as SeSTA (www.sesta.org) is an NGO that works directly with poor and marginalized communities in 11 districts of Assam and Tripura. We are presently working with over 20000 families directly to reduce poverty through enhancing assets / capabilities and facilitating access to sustainable income earning opportunities. To achieve this vision, we have placed 60 highly motivated and skilled professionals in villages who work directly with communities to:
- Promote / Nurture women’s collectives to build capabilities and leverage institutional finances for members’ livelihoods
- Develop and introduce locally suitable Livelihood activities to increase incomes
- Mobilise finances for livelihood assets and infrastructure
- Set up mechanisms to sustain the livelihood gains made by the communities
1.2 What is the opportunity?
SeSTA is planning to develop a comprehensive Management Information System (MIS) of the Organisation which can be used to better manage our tasks, understand our impact and ensure that we continue to refine and improve our programs over time. The MIS will be based on an already developed Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) framework. We are therefore looking for a qualified Organisation/Firm/
We basically want a web-based MIS application which allows us to input store and process data and generate various reports and analysis for Organisational Learning as well as for reporting requirements to our donors and Funding agencies as well as external stakeholders. The key features of the application/Software will be:
- An actor directory – which helps us store the profiles of each of the actors. The actors will range from the community we work with to the different levels of staff at the organisation. There has to be provision to store and process profiles of around 2 Lakh SHG members, Households, Community Institutions
- We would also want to enable facility of input of data against each of these actors – i.e. collection of data in different periodicity and activity-actor-Task wise. There should be seamless syncing of data from Mobile/tablet based back-end data collection Apps. This includes
- Monthly activity planner
- Alerts to executives about grievances registered
- Activity wise and Beneficiary wise reports
- User specific dashboards
- Update status of grievances redressed
- Capture case studies
- Alerts on exceptions
- Update status of exceptions handled.
- Real-time beneficiary progress tracker Dashboard: It is envisaged to build feature reach role specific dashboards. Dashboards provide users status of activities; pending tasks, target vs Achievement, alerts on upcoming activities etc at a glance. They would also provide various analytical reports for the users to take informed decisions. Features proposed include:
- Role specific Dashboard
- Progress vs achievement statuses – overall, project wise, activity wise
- Monthly planned vs achieved tasks of professionals engaged in different functions
- Grievances pending with the user
- Tasks for the day
- Other reports needed from time to time.
- Comprehensive Reporting System: A comprehensive reporting system with diagnostic and predictive analysis is required for effective project implementation. This will include Functionality to analyse data collected and generate reports in pre-defined formats, and allow the creation of customised reports. It also needs to have Generate Indicator( finalised from SeSTA Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Framework) wise progress
- Exception Reporting System: In any project, implementing agency generally focuses more on the positive output and very little concentration is shown on the exceptions/ left outs. Generally there are marginalised HHs, in order to ensure that no such HH is left out from the development intervention, SeSTA intends to create a separate set of reports on Exceptions for activity of its intervention e.g. In a village of say 100 eligible HHs, 94 of them got enrolled in SRI Paddy. While progress report presents that our achievement is 98%, exception report presents to that we are shot by 4% and that pushes for immediate action by executives. Exception reports will be very much part of MIS system and some of the crucial cases will be presented in the dashboards.
- GIS based solution for reporting geo-tagged data: SeSTA intends to assess impact is has created by assessing the change it has brought in area of its operations. For the very purpose it would want to see its geographical foot print. All data points related to intervention including the HH it has covered, agri plots, vermi compost units, ponds and other assets created will be geo tagged and presented on maps for reporting purpose. And the status of the same at the end of the project period will be presented side by side for better assessment.
We would ideally want a Java Based dynamic software with options for multi user login, real-time data upload and customised analysis of the data generated.
The services should include
- Mobile-friendly version of the web-based application (either a mobile-site or a mobile app)
- Preparation of a MIS user manual based on the design document covering both manual and computerized parts of the system;
- Pilot test of the software in at various of the project’s information flow chain;
- Install the software and test run it in all locations as required in the proposed MIS design.
- Train the staff of SeSTA for effective implementation of the system.
- Provide implementation and maintenance support to the management for at least two years after successful installation and commissioning of the MIS software.
In addition to leading a critical initiative for the organization and setting the stage for our future impact, the Organisation/Firm will have an opportunity to learn about SeSTA’s development approach and also about the political, social and economic context of some of the poorest regions of Assam.
1.3 Who are we looking for?
The Organisation/Firm would be expected to develop the MIS and all relevant software and Applications and will work closely with the Programme Anchor of SeSTA based in Bongaigaon district of Assam. Travel to SeSTA’s field locations might also be required. We expect it would take 4-8 weeks at the maximum to complete the project from date of commencement and are looking for Organisation/Firms who:
- Have a demonstrated interest & knowledge of rural development
- Have some previous experience or knowledge of MIS design and implementation
- Are able to work independently to structure the MIS design phase, identify the resources required and engage people across the organization and externally to come up with a robust solution
- Are comfortable working and travelling in rural / remote locations
- Previous experience in Assam and NE and local language skills is preferred but not required
The remuneration/Consultancy charge is negotiable.
1.4 Right to vary Scope of work at the time of Award:
SeSTA may at any time, by a written order given to the applicant, make changes within the general scope of the Work. If any such change causes an increase or decrease in the cost of, or the time required for, the Applicant’s performance of any part of the work, whether changed or not changed by the order, an equitable adjustment shall be made in the agreed Price or delivery schedule, or both, and the Work Order shall accordingly be amended.
1.5 Right to accept any Application and to reject any or all Applications:
SeSTA reserves the right to accept any proposal, and to annul the EoI process and reject any or all Applications at any time prior to award of work, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected Applicant or Applicant or any obligation to inform the affected Applicant or Applicant of the grounds for SeSTA’s action.
1.6 Performance Guarantee
The successful agency will execute a Performance Guarantee for 10 % of the total value of the contract in the form of Account Payee Demand Draft or a Bank Guarantee from a Nationalized Commercial Bank in an acceptable form. The Performance Guarantee should remain valid for a period of 60 days beyond the date of completion of the project.
1.7 How can you get involved?
Interested Organisations/Firms or individuals with the relevant background should submit their CV/