DEVELOPMENT OF MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (MIS)
Terms of Reference (ToR)
1.1 About SeSTA
Seven Sisters Development Assistance known as SeSTA (www.sesta.org ) is an NGO that works directly with poor and marginalized communities in 9 districts of Assam and Tripura. We are presently working with over 12000 families directly to reduce poverty through enhancing assets / capabilities and facilitating access to sustainable income earning opportunities. To achieve this vision, we have placed 35 highly motivated and skilled professionals in villages who work directly with communities to:
- Promote / nurture women’s groups to build capabilities and leverage institutional finances for members’ livelihoods
- Develop and introduce locally suitable Livelihood activities to increase incomes
- Mobilise finances for livelihood assets and infrastructure
- Set up mechanisms to sustain the livelihood gains made by the communities
1.2 What is the opportunity?
SeSTA is planning to develop a comprehensive Management Information System (MIS) for managing Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana (MKSP) in five (5) blocks of Assam. The MIS shall be developed as per the Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) framework of SeSTA. The MIS will be will be integrated with the existing SeSTA MIS system. We are therefore looking for a qualified Organisation/Firm/
The perceived MIS system will have two components
- A tablet/Mobile based Data Collection Application for profiling of 12500 beneficiaries of MKSP programme. Required features of the mobile application include
- The mobile application should have the capability to store data locally and should enable conducting surveys even in off line mode.
- Facility to edit the data on device until it is SENT to server
- A web based MIS system developed as per MLE framework of MKSP.
- The web platform acts as the data aggregator of Mahila Kisan (MK) profiles SENT from mobile application. The web platform enables data curation of MK profile data.
- Integrated with the existing MIS of SeSTA, the new MKSP MIS system will have all required features to update member wise activity progress from time to time.
- Role based access to the system to ensure data discipline and integrity.
- A separate section for MKSP specific (defined) reports and analytics shall be available in MIS.
We would ideally want a Java Based dynamic software with options for multi user login, real-time data upload and customised analysis of the data generated.
The services should include
- Preparation of a MIS user manual based on the design document covering both manual and computerized parts of the system;
- Testing of mobile application in various project location before rolling out.
- Ensure integration of MKSP MIS with SeSTA existing MIS system.
- Build exhaustive list of reports and add any reports required from time to time.
- Train the staff of SeSTA for effective implementation of the system.
- Provide implementation and maintenance support to the management for at least two years after successful installation and commissioning of the MIS software.
In addition to leading a critical initiative for the organization and setting the stage for our future impact, the Organisation/Firm will have an opportunity to learn about SeSTA’s development approach and also about the political, social and economic context of some of the poorest regions of Assam.
1.3 Who are we looking for?
The Organisation/Firm would be expected to develop the MIS and all relevant software and Applications and will work closely with the Programme Anchor of SeSTA based in Bongaigaon districts of Assam. Travel to SeSTA’s field locations might also be required. We expect it would take 8-12 weeks to complete the project from date of commencement and are looking for Organisation/Firms who:
- Have a demonstrated interest & knowledge of rural development
- Have some previous experience or knowledge of MIS design and implementation
- Are able to work independently to structure the MIS design phase, identify the resources required and engage people across the organization and externally to come up with a robust solution
- Are comfortable working and travelling in rural / remote locations
- Previous experience in Assam and NE and local language skills is preferred but not required
The remuneration/Consultancy charge is negotiable.
1.4 How can you get involved?
Interested Organisations/Firms with the relevant background should submit their CV with 2 References and at least 2 descriptions of relevant MIS developed along with an Expression of Interest (EoI) mentioning Detailed Costs Breakup, Technical Specifications of programming languages/tools, BI tools, Licensing, hardware compatibility etc. and also Maintenance via mail PDF copy to email@example.com b