Eligibility : Certificate Course (ITI), Diploma(Chem, Electrical, EIE, Instru, Mech)
Location : Guwahati
Last Date : 29 Apr 2017
Advt. No. GR/P/Rectt./2017
Jr. Engineering Assistant-IV (Production) recruitment in Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) Guwahati Refinery
Indian Oil Corporation Limited the largest commercial undertaking in the India and a Fortune ?Global 500? company required result oriented experienced personnel with initiative and enterprise for its Guwahati Refinery
Post Code : 171
Jr. Engineering Assistant ?IV (Production)
Discipline : Chemical
No. of Posts : 02 (ST-01,OBC-01)
Qualification : 3 years Diploma in Chemical / Refinery & Petrochemical Engineering or B.Sc. (Maths, Physics, Chemistry or Industrial Chemistry) from a recognized Institute/ University with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate for General & OBC candidates and 45% in case of SC/ST candidates against reserved positions.
Experience : Minimum one year of post qualification experience in operation (rotating shift) of Pump House, Fired Heater, Compressor, Distillation Column, Reactor, Heat Exchange etc. in a Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemicals / Fertilizer /Heavy Chemical/Gas Processing Industry.
Post Code : 172
Jr. Engineering Assistant ?IV (P &U)
Discipline : Boiler
No. of Posts : 01 (ST-01)
Qualification : 3 years Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engg. from recognized Institute/University & Boiler Competency Certificate (with class as may ne prescibed by the Boiler Authority of the sate), provided that in case of non-availability of sufficient number of candidates meeting the prescribed parameters, candidates possessing the following qualification may also be considered :
1. Matric with TI Fitter with Boiler Competency Certificates (with class as may be prescribed by the Boiler Authority of the State)
2. B.Sc (PCM) with n Apprenticeship Training in Boiler Trade
3. 3 years Diploma in mechanical or Electrical Engg. from recognized Institute/University with minimum 45% marks in aggregate for ST candidates against reserved positions
Experience : For candidates possessing Diploma! Metric with ITI (Fitter) & holding Boiler Competency Certificate or BSc with Boiler Apprenticeship, no experience shall be reacquired for candidates Diploma: Minimum one year post qualification experience in operation of Industrial Boiler/ HRSG/ Thermal Power Station/DM plant / plant /Air compressors/ Steam Turbines/Gas turbines/ cooling tower in Petroleum Refinery/ Petrochemicals/ Heavy Chemical/Fertilizers / Power Plants/large industrial establishments
Post Code : 173
Jr. Engineering Assistant ?IV (Mech.)
Discipline : Mechanical
No. of Posts : 04 (OBC-02, ExSM-01)
Qualification : 3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engg. from recognized Institute, University with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or Matric with ITI in Fitter Trade with Pass Class.
Experience : Minimum one year of post qualification experience for Diploma and 2 years’ experience for Matric with ITI (Fitter) in maintenance / overhauling of rotary equipment such as Compressors, Gas/ Steam Turbines, Boilers, Columns, Valves, Pumps, Mechanical Seals/Dry gas seals, Bearings (Journal/Anti-friction), Safety valves, etc; in a Petroleum Refinery/ Petro-chemical/ Heavy Chemical/Fertilizers / Power Plants/ Large Industrial establishments.
Post Code : 174
Jr. Engineering Assistant ?IV Instrumentation
Discipline : Chemical
No. of Posts : 02 (OBC-01)
Qualification : 3 years Diploma in Instrumentation/ Instrumentation & Electronics/ Instrumentation & Control from a recognized Institute/ University with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
Experience : Minimum one year of post qualification experience in Maintenance of Modern instrumentation control system like DCS, PLC with electronic field instrumentation, Control Valve, Smart Petitioners, loop configuration, online Analyzers condition monitoring, cabling, earthing etc., in a Petroleum Refinery /Petrochemicals/Heavy Chemical/ Fertilizers /Power Plants/ Gas Processing Industry/ large industrial establishments.
Pay Scale : Rs.11,900-32,000/-
Age Limit : 18-26 yrs
1. The selection methodology will comprise Written Test and a Skill/Proficiency/Physical Test which will be of qualifying nature.
2. A candidate will have to secure a minimum of 40% marks in the written test to qualify for further consideration.
3. The minimum qualifying marks in the written test will be relaxed by 5% for candidates belonging to ST categories considered against reserved positions.
4. Obtaining minimum qualifying marks in the written test does not confer any right or claim by the candidate for being short listed for further consideration or the final selection, as the same is related to number of positions, ratio applied and relative performance in respective categories.
5. Short listed candidates, in the ratio of 1:2 (two candidates for one post, with due cognizance to number of reserved posts) subject to securing minimum qualifying marks in the written test, will be required to undergo a Skill/Proficiency/Physical Test (SPPT). The SPPT for each discipline shall be conducted by a duly constituted committee.
6. In case of tie of marks in the written test for the last position on the Shortlist for SPPT, all such candidates shall be called for the SPPT, even if the total number exceeds the prescribed ratio. If such a situation arises anywhere before the last position while drawing a list, the last name/last few names, in proportion to the prescribed ratio, will get eliminated.
Fee : General and OBC candidates are required to pay Rs.150/- (Rs. One hundred fifty only) as application fee (non-refundable) by way of a crossed Demand Draft in favour of Indian Oil Corporation Limited (Refineries Division) payable at State Bank of India, Guwahati Refinery Complex Branch (Branch code : 6196. IFSC Code : SBIN00061961 the number/details of which are required to be furnished in the on-line Application Form. Payment in any other form will not be accepted.
Hiring Process : Written-test
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply Online from 08-04-2017 to 29-04-2017. Web Site:
After successfully applying/registering on-line applications, the candidate must take a print out of the filled in on-line application form. The print out along with all supporting documents as mentioned in the check list attached to the application form including demand draft (if applicable) with name, address, post code & Roll No. written on the reverse of the DD is required to be sent by ordinary post to Guwahatl GPO, Post Box No -21, Meghdoot Bhawan, Panbazar, Guwahatl – 781001, Assam. Printout of online application received after last date 08-05-2017 shall be treated as Rejected’.
Important Dates :
Date of Opening of Online Application : 08-04-2017
Last date of submission of Online Application : 29-04-2017
Last date of receipt of Printout of Online Application Form along with Supporting Documents : 08-05-2017
Likely Date of Publication of Written Test Result : 22-06-2017
Ref : The Assam Tribune E-paper Dated : 08th April,2017 Page No. 13