NHSRC is seeking applications from eligible candidates for the position of Senior Consultant, Quality Improvement in Guwahati November 2016
Terms of Reference
Senior Consultant- Quality Improvement (HQ – RRC-NE)
Name of Cluster: Quality Improvement, RRCNE HQ
Reporting to:Director, RRC-NE, Guwahati, Assam
Name of Position:Senior Consultant, Quality Improvement
Number of position:One
Location: RRCNE, Guwahati
NHSRC is seeking applications from eligible candidates for the position of Senior Consultant, Quality Improvement for its branch office – Regional Resource Centre for North Eastern States (RRC-NE) at Guwahati, Assam.
National Health Mission (NHM) is the umbrella programme of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. Of India to provide universal access to equitable, affordable and quality health care which is accountable at the same time responsive to the needs of the people, reduction of child and maternal deaths as well as population stabilization, gender and demographic balance.
As Senior Consultant, Quality Improvement at regional level, the objective is to strengthen and support the Quality Improvement activities in the North East States.
2.Scope of Work
The incumbent will be responsible for roll out of ‘Operational Guidelines for Quality Assurance in Public Health Facilities. He /she has to take actions at various levels – Advocacy, customisation of the check-lists for meeting needs of states in adapting the Quality Standards & its measurement system, conduct of workshops & seminars, assisting the health facilities with gap closure action, and facilitating the certification process at identified health facilities in states.
1.Function as a resource in QA trainings
2.Drafting & Report writing
3.Development & review of check-lists for quality assessment of various types of health facilities – The check-lists would be in alignment with the guidelines of National Health Programmes and National Health Mission
4. Technical Assistance to states & districts in Operationalisation of States and Districts Quality Assurance Units, including conduct of the trainings
5. Development of training modules and training material, for the participants
6. Facilitate empanelment of External Assessors by the States and RRCNE/NHSRC
7. Facilitate conduct of the Internal and External Auditors
8. Should facilitate the states in getting National Certification of their identified health facilities.
9. There should be at least 5 – 10 % incremental improvement in last scoring every quarter till certification.
10. Should be able to guide the state on updated evidence based practices and latest GOI initiatives & guidelines.
11. Any other function, as allotted by Director – RRC-NE.
Timely accomplishment of task and responsibilities and regular reporting to the Director, RRCNE at the end of every month
4. Qualifications and experience:
1. Masters in Medical / Dental/ Ayush/ Pharmacy/ Nursing degree from a recognised institute
2. At least 5 years post qualification experience of working on Quality Assurance Projects for Masters degree holders & 6 years post qualification experience for diploma holders
3. Excellent Communication skills -Verbal & Written
4. Proficiency in MS Office package
1. Advance Qualification in Hospital/ Health Management from a recognised institute
2. Recognised Qualification in a Quality System, which may be waived off in case of deserving candidates, who have robust field experience
3. Experience of working in a hospital’s administration department
4. Preference may be given to those applicants, who have directly worked on the assignments, resulting into certification / accreditation of hospitals to a recognised quality system such as ISO 9001/ NABH/ JCI/ NABL
5. Travel and subsistence:
The Senior Consultant should be ready to travel extensively to State/District/Block/village levels. All travels must be authorized in advance by Director, RRCNE. The Senior Consultant shall be reimbursed for travel as per NHSRC rules.
6. Reporting Requirements:
The Senior Consultant will submit monthly updated report to the Director, RRCNE
7. Workstation :
The workstation of Senior Consultant is at RRC,NE ,Guwahati. However, he/she may be required to relocate at any of the stations in any NE States on requirement of organization.
8. Consultancy Period:
Initially, it will be for a period of one year. The first 3 months will be on a trial basis. Subject to satisfactory performance, the consultancy will continue for the full one year. The consultancy can be terminated by either part giving a notice of one month in writing.
The validity of the contract beyond 31st March, 2017 is subject to continuation of NHM/NHSRC/RRC-NE beyond 31st March, 2017. In case NHSRC/RRC, NE does not continue beyond 31st March, 2017, the contract shall be treated as withdrawn.
9. Remuneration :
The Senior Consultant will be paid a consolidated monthly remuneration ranging between Rs. 90,000/- to Rs. 1,30,000/-.
The Senior Consultant shall not be entitled to any other benefits, payments, subsidy, compensation or pension, except as expressly provided in the consultancy agreement. The senior consultant shall not be exempt from taxation and shall not be entitled to reimbursement of any taxes which may be levied as per existing rules on the remuneration received.
Age Limit: 50 years & below.
To Apply: Candidates are requested to download the application form attached with the TOR, which is uploaded on the NHSRC website and email the duly filled application form to email@example.com by 4 p.m. on 15-Dec-2016.
Application submitted in other format will not be accepted. Please ensure to mention post applied for on the application form, without which the application form will not be accepted.