Terms of Reference
Senior Consultant- Community Process (HQ – RRC-NE)
Name of Cluster:Community Process, RRCNE HQ
Reporting to :Director, RRC-NE, Guwahati, Assam
Name of Position:Senior Consultant, Community Process
Number of position:One
Location: RRCNE, Guwahati
NHSRC is seeking applications from eligible candidates for the position of Senior Consultant, Community Process for its branch office – Regional Resource Centre for North Eastern States (RRC-NE) at Guwahati, Assam.
National Health Mission (NHM) is the umbrella programme of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. Of India to provide universal access to equitable, affordable and quality health care which is accountable at the same time responsive to the needs of the people, reduction of child and maternal deaths as well as population stabilization, gender and demographic balance.
As Senior Consultant, Community Process at regional level, the objective is to strengthen and support the Community Process activities in the North East States.
3. Scope of Work
1. Provide Policy and Programme support for CP as required at National and State Level
2. Lead State Level Technical support for ASHAs, mentor and guide State Counterparts in training and programme implementation.
3. Design and undertake research related to ASHA and other CP interventions
4. Direct support to selected states as allocated, for implementation of Community processes programme: ASHA Certification, performance monitoring, support structure and management, including current information on state level policies for ASHA , VHSNC, VHND, training of ASHA, support structures, payments/incentives, VHSNC training, expenditures, ASHA and training database.
5. Conduct dissemination meetings.
6. Liaison with Senior Central and State officials.
7. High degree of analytical and writing capability, articulate and ability to represent work of the division at high level fore.
8. Strong Interpersonal Skills and ability to mentor junior Team Members.
Timely accomplishment of task and responsibilities and regular reporting to the Director, RRCNE at the end of every month
5. Qualifications and experience:
1. Possess an MSW / PG Diploma in Health Management / Relevant Social Science or MBBS / BDS / AYUSH with interest / experience in Community health.
2. Have at least 5 years experience of the implementation of a health programme at the NGO / Community / PRIs level, and familiarity with the direct implementation of RCH programmes through field based NGOs, Mother NGOs or Regional Resource Centres.
3. Experience in training and implementing large scale Community Health Worker programmes will be an added advantage
4. Excellent communication and presentation skills, analytical and interpersonal abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Working knowledge of Hindi also desirable.
5. Computer proficiency with high level of familiarity with commonly used packages like MS Word, Excel, Power Point; any one computerized accounting package is highly desirable.
6. Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
7. Experience of working with senior government officials at central and or state level.
8. Good capacity building skills in health sector
9. Strategic thinking and leadership skills.
10. Formal educational qualification and experience could be relaxed when there is published work of high quality or whenever there is work experience of specific relevance.
6. Travel and subsistence:
The Senior Consultant should be ready to travel extensively to State/District/Block/village levels. All travels must be authorized in advance by Director, RRCNE. The Senior Consultant shall be reimbursed for travel as per NHSRC rules.
7. Reporting Requirements:
The Senior Consultant will submit monthly updated report to the Director, RRCNE
8. Workstation :
The workstation of Senior Consultant is at RRC,NE, Guwahati. However, he/she may be required to relocate at any of the stations in any NE States on requirement of organization.
9. Consultancy Period:
Initially, it will be for a period of one year. The first 3 months will be on a trial basis. Subject to satisfactory performance, the consultancy will continue for the full one year. The consultancy can be terminated by either part giving a notice of one month in writing.
The validity of the contract beyond 31st March, 2017 is subject to continuation of NHM/NHSRC/RRC-NE beyond 31st March, 2017. In case NHSRC/RRC, NE does not continue beyond 31st March, 2017, the contract shall be treated as withdrawn.
10. Remuneration :
The Senior Consultant will be paid a consolidated monthly remuneration ranging between Rs. 90,000/- to Rs. 1, 30, 000/-.
The Senior Consultant shall not be entitled to any other benefits, payments, subsidy, compensation or pension, except as expressly provided in the consultancy agreement. The senior consultant shall not be exempt from taxation and shall not be entitled to reimbursement of any taxes which may be levied as per existing rules on the remuneration received.
Age Limit: 50 years & below.
To Apply: Candidates are requested to download the application form attached with the TOR, which is uploaded on the NHSRC website and email the duly filled application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 p.m. on 15-Dec-2016.
Application submitted in other format will not be accepted. Please ensure to mention post applied for on the application form, without which the application form will not be accepted.