JOB DESCRIPTION FOR PROJECT OFFICER/MANAGER
Terre des hommes Foundation, an international NGO working for the rights of children in more than 30 countries, is currently seeking for a Project Officer/Manager. The India Delegation office is located in Kolkata. All projects implemented in India are through local NGO partners.
Location: Kokrajhar – Assam, with frequent travels to the field areas and head office in Kolkata.
Supervisor: Maternal Child Health Nutrition Programme Manager.
Working relationship: Actively coordinates with the Child Protection Programme Manager and WASH Programme Manager based in Kolkata.
Duration of assignment: Initial contract for 1 year, renewable based upon performance.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
The Project Officer/Manager will play an active role into the implementation of the project titled ‘I am in school! Enhancing Learning Protection Environment for Children in Conflict in Assam (ELPECCA)’ implemented in Kokrajhar district of Assam.
Brief description of the project:
The project intends to contribute to enhancing a learning and protective environment for children and adolescents in conflict affected areas of Kokhrajhar district. The project is based on an integrated approach which fosters the collaboration among Education, Health and Child Protection systems, and strengthens the capacity of their key players. The key strategic modalities include:
• Capacity building of children/adolescents, education, protection, health and water sanitation workers in their respective fields;
• Fostering Strategic Linkages among the stakeholders at community, district and government level
• Action Research and Fellowship Program to generate evidence and ensure sustainability.
• Work closely with the partner’s project team and with Tdh thematic Managers to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of the project outcomes.
• Provide guidance to implementing partner in operational planning and timely implementation of project activities.
• Build and sustain effective close working partnerships with health, education and child protection sector government counterparts and state / district stakeholders through active networking, advocacy and effective communication.
• Coordinate and liaise with any other agency working in Kokrajhar
• Coordinate capacity building activities, assist the partner in preparing training calendar and ensure documentation of all the training programmes/workshops.
• Assist in developing monitoring and evaluation framework and MIS tools, build capacity of project team on monitoring tools.
• Participate in monitoring and evaluation exercises and project reviews with project team and government counterparts to assess progress and to determine required action to achieve results.
• Prepare/assess monitoring and evaluation reports to identify gaps, strengths/weaknesses in project and management, and use findings for timely intervention to achieve results.
• Monitor expenditure and review the budgets in line with the project activities in coordination with the Finance Manager/Officer of the Delegation.
• Identify any major discrepancies/ delays that may arise in project implementation and report immediately to line manager and also suggest remedial action.
• Ensure timely reporting by partner and prepare mandated project reports for the Delegation and for Government couterparts.
• Work on increasing visibility and influence of Tdh in India as an agency committed to child rights especially within the sphere of Child Protection, Health and Education.
• Prepare and organise monitoring visits from Tdh and / or donor agency
Child Safeguarding Policy
• Commits to respect the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy.
• Commits to inform the delegation office and to deal with any case of any allegations or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the Child Safeguarding Policy.
• Ensure the proper implementation of the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy in India (Delegation Office and partners)
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
Tdh looks for a candidate who is self directed and looks to grow professionally with Tdh over a longer time span. The candidate must strongly believe in and possess the skills to work hands on with the partners to add value and deliver tangible results in favour of the beneficiaries of the project.
A post graduate degree in Education/Development Studies/Public Health/ Social Sciences or related field.
A minimum of five years of professional experience in managing large scale projects preferably on education.
Language Proficiency :
Fluency in English and knowledge of Assamese is required.
Recruitment & Remuneration:
Tdh offers an annual package of 4,87,500 INR along with other benefits as per Tdh’s Policy.
Interested candidates should apply with a covering letter explaining how the candidate’s skills and experiences match the requirements mentioned above along with a full bio data to email@example.com by the 26th of April 2016.
Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of Tdh’s work, we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close advertisement as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Current salary is to be mentioned along with name and contact details of 2 references. Please note that as per Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy, one of the references needs to be the candidate’s current or immediate past employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that Tdh does not reimburse any travel allowance or daily allowance for attending interviews.
The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes reflect our commitment to child security and safeguarding.