Terms of Reference
State RMNCH+A Coordinator (RRC-NE)
National Health Systems Resource Centre (NHSRC) has been set up under the National Health Mission (NHM) as an autonomous registered society, to channelize technical assistance and capacity building support to the states for strengthening the public health system.
NHSRC has been entrusted with this recruitment by UNICEF for the support of high priority Districts in the State of Assam. This position will be under administrative control of Regional Resource Centre for North Eastern States (RRC-NE) at Guwahati, a branch of NHSRC, New Delhi.
Major tasks to be accomplished:
• Support state and district level processes for health systems strengthening, including bottleneck/gap & resource analysis and, based on findings, support the development of district RMNCH+A action plans whenever required.
• Identify capacity gaps and facilitate on-the-job capacity-building of RMNCH+A and related service providers at various levels
• Co-ordinate periodic (quarterly ) review and analysis of data received from district and block levels, including validation as appropriate, which will contribute to improving the reporting system and data analysis
• Contribute to evidence-based planning and budgeting of NHM Assam PIP, including appropriate budget allocations for HPDs
• Co-ordinate supportive supervision and concurrent monitoring initiatives, and undertake field monitoring to districts, as and when required
• Establish and co-ordinate linkages with other related line departments (ICDS, SABLA, PHED among others) as well as professional bodies, CSOs, etc.
• Facilitate to identify the gap in RMNCH+A service delivery among the most marginalized communities i.e. among tea garden communities and char area population
• Manage and Supervise six district RMNCH+A monitors
• Support the State in Monitoring, Gap filling& concurrent Review for Implementation of RMNCH+A Activities in the State with priority to HPDS.
• Support in implementation of MDR, CDR, Model Labour Rooms & New GoI Initiatives in the State with priority to HPDS.
• RMNCH+A Supportive supervision plan (UNICEF supported consultants as well as system supervisors) for the districts in consultation with the State officials and district consultants developed and tracked. (monthly)
• Two HPDs visited every month for RMNCHA supportive supervision and support the district monitors, participation in the district RMNCHA meeting and sharing of the findings with the district officials. Action taken report submitted. (Monthly)
• Monthly block monitoring reports from the six districts compiled and Monthly RMNCH+A report prepared and shared with NHM, RRC and UNICEF before 9th of every month. (Monthly)
• A brief report on Key issues and recommendations shared with UNICEF and RRC on Monthly basis.(Monthly)
• District Action Plan & Monitoring Framework in place for all HPDs
• RMNCH+A Meetings at the Zonal / State level planned, held and reports prepared. (Quarterly)
• Performance Based Management system institutionalized in all delivery points and monthly score cards developed in the six HPDs.
• Improved RMNCHA DGA Dashboard launched and used on a regular basis for monthly program review by the six HPDs.
• Model Labour Rooms are fully functional in the district within six months
• MDR, CDR Reporting & reviews are improved at least 10% every quarter
• All delivery points should have staff trained in various RMNCH+A Training particularly in HPDS.
Eligibility and Qualifications:
• Any medical graduate with Post Graduate training in Paediatrics, OBGY or Community Medicine/ Public Health and at least four (4) years of post-qualification work experience in working for RMNCH interventions.
• At least three (3) years field experience in MCH program/project management at state / regional level, with professional knowledge of Reproductive, maternal, neonatal, child health and IMNCI is essential. Knowledge on adolescent health will be an added advantage.
• Familiarity with theory and practical applications and essentials of child survival Experience in planning and management of Health sector/RCH programs
• Good negotiation and influencing skills supported by excellent communication skills
• High level of computer proficiency with specific familiarity with commonly used Windows and MS Office software and database software
• Excellent oral and written communication & presentation skills in English and Hindi. Knowledge of Assamese and or Bengali would be an added advantage
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment with strong facilitation skills, ability to analyse reports, plan and monitor projects.
• Leadership skills are essential.
Work Location: Guwahati, Assam
Official Travel involved (itinerary and duration)
Within Assam (10-12 days per month to the HPDs)
Administrative: Director, RRC NE Guwahati
Technical: Health Specialist, UNICEF Assam
Duration of Contract:
October 2015- 31 December 2016 (15 months)
Age Limit: 40 years & below
Note: Age / Qualification / Experience can be relaxed for exceptional candidates
Applications will be accepted in the prescribed online application format only. The link is available on the TOR which is uploaded on the NHSRC website. Applications must reach by 4 p.m on 18-Sep-2015. Application submitted in other format will not be accepted.