Action for Food Production (AFPRO) recruits Regional Manager in Guwahati Dec 2014
Position – Regional Manager
Opening – 1
Last Date: January 15, 2015
Action for Food Production (AFPRO) is an Indian socio-technical non-governmental organization of national importance working for the development of the rural poor through effective natural resource management solutions.
AFPRO dedicates itself to its mission of alleviating rural poverty by promoting and working through voluntary organizations; with a focus on enabling the marginalized and weaker sections of rural society to participate in the process of rural dev elopement by strengthening their resource base and capabilities through improved knowledge and skills, both in the technical and socio-economic development areas.
AFPRO having its Head Office in New Delhi requires personnel for its Regional Office in Guwahati (Assam) for the position of Regional Manager with the following requirements:
Educational Qualification: Basic graduation in Civil Engineering, Agriculture Engineering, Agriculture, Geology, Hydrology, Hydrogeology, or any of the NRM related subjects. Post Graduates in above subjects with outstanding field experience will also be preferred.
Age: 35 – 40 years
Experience: Minimum 10 years of work experience in Management of NRM programs, climate change, project planning, management, monitoring & evaluation. Capacities in training will be added value.
CTC: Rs. 45,000 – 50,000 p.m. Negotiable depending on educational qualification and field level experience. We look forward for a person from NE states.
The candidate will be required to lead a multidisciplinary team for effective planning, execution and monitoring of projects related to NRM. An understanding of projects and policies related to Rural Development supported by Government, Corporate groups and international agencies, Apt liaisoning skills and Development of projects/programmes, appropriate project management skills and completion of the task with stipulated time period, He/she should be a Good team player with Multi tasking ability. Knowing of Odiya language will be an added advantage.
Scope of Tasks & Responsibilities
Extending Socio-technical services to NGVOs for the effective implementation of Program/Projects related to Natural Resource Management and Drinking water, Hygiene and sanitation projects etc.
- Coordinating the activities of multidisciplinary team of professional staff for the services to partners.
- Program planning by involving various stakeholders based on the regional needs.
- Conducting Joint Monitoring and Review exercises of the ongoing projects
- Program Management and conducting monitoring and Evaluations
- Developing project proposal on NRM, Drinking water supply and sanitation, Agriculture etc.
- Capacity building of different stakeholders on the integrated watershed management, Water supply and sanitation, integrated watershed management project and other NRM projects.
- Capacity building input in human and institutional development process of CBOs/GPs/NGOs
- Networking/coordination/liaison with Government/Development agencies in the region for promotion of the programs
- The applicant must be mature, capacity for good public relations, team building, resilient and motivated. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Good communication and presentation skills both in English, Hindi and preferably local Assamese language.
- Excellent IT skills which includes MS Office
- The applicant should have proven record of preparation of guidelines for proposal writing, project development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Liaison with other NGOs, Government and Resources Organisations – build and strengthen relationships
- The applicant will be responsible for documentation efforts for knowledge sharing, visibility enhancement of the organization.
- The applicant should be able to take leadership role in bringing innovative approach in areas connected with all aspects of NRM and Environmental up keep.
Travel: The position requires extensive travel into remote areas.
Reporting: The position reports to the Executive Director at AFPRO head Office.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The above positions are on contract for 4 years and renewable based on the individual performance and organizational requirement.
Please send your profile/resume, current salary, expected salary and application by January 15, 2015 to the Executive Director, 25/1A, Institutional Area, D-Block, Janakpuri, Pankha Road, New Delhi- 110058. E- mail: email@example.com website: www.afpro.org