The Board of Secondary Education, Assam is a statutory autonomous body to oversee the
qualitative aspect of Secondary Education in the State of Assam and conduct the HSLC and
AHM Examination at the end of Class X. The Board proposes to recruit one Controller of
Examinations for the Board from eligible candidates as per the following conditions.
1. The recruitment to this post may be on Regular basis or on Lien from other Government
1.1 The candidate should apply to the Secretary, Board of Secondary Education Assam, in
the prescribed form as made available in the SEBA and Assam Government web site.
The applicants may download the application forms from these websites. The
applications must be filled in by the Applicants in their own hand- writing.
2. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS- The candidate should have uniformly good
academic career up to Post graduate level with minimum 10 years teaching experience in
2.1 The candidate must be experienced in organizing examinations in University/ State Level.
2.2. The Candidate must be experienced in Computer Data Processing and handling of
various software and Computer Aided Management systems.
3. AGE – The candidate should not be more than 55 years old as on 1st January 2012.
4. MONTHLY REMUNERATION- The appointment will be made in the equivalent Pay
Band of RS 12,000/- 40,000/- with Grade Pay of RS 6,300/- plus other allowances as
admissible under the rules. However, proposal has been made that in case of exceptionally
suitable candidate the Board may consider higher pay band in the light of the Pay Band
provided to the Associate Professors.
5. Candidates serving in Government or Semi- Government organizations will have to apply
through proper channel.
6. Decision of the Selection Committee will be final.
7. Canvassing by any candidate in any form will render the candidate ineligible for
8. The candidates will have to appear before the Selection Committee on 7th August at 12-30
pm, at their own cost.
9. Only short listed candidates will be called to face the interview. The list will be published in
the SEBA’s web site “www.seba.net.in” as well as be hanged on the SEBA notice board.
10. Last Date for submission of Forms – Application Forms filled in all respects must be
reached by SEBA Office on or before 30th July. Applications received after the last date
will be summarily rejected.