OIL INDIA LIMITED, a navratna Public Sector Undertaking engaged in exploration, production and transportation of crude oil, natural gas and manufacture of LPG with its field Headquarters at Duliajan, Dist. – Dibrugarh, Assam invites applications from Indian Nationals for a walk in interview for engagement on contract basis:
|Post Name & Post
(` per month)
|Post Qualification Relevant
Experience (in years) as on
(in years) as on
The candidates should be able to operate AC/SCR, diesel Mechanical drilling rigs and work over
rigs. They should have knowledge on operation of the rigs and down hole complicacies and be able to
take decisions relating to down hole and surface problems in drilling/workover wells, operating draw
works and handling of brake. They should have knowledge to identify and do the necessary trouble
shooting of the rig equipment and tools and have knowledge of HSE and statutory rules & regulation as
per Mines Act, OISD rules etc. They should be capable of identifying well control situation and should
be able to control the same and have good man management skills for overall management of the well
site crew. They should also have good inter disciplinary skills and should be conversant about mud
chemicals & maintenance of mud property.
Candidates must possess BE/ B Tech in Engineering or PGD in Petroleum Exploration or equivalent
from a recognized Institute/university. Other things being equal, candidate having well control certificate
(IWCF) /well cap certificate will be given preference.
ACCOMMODATION & OTHER BENEFITS:
1. The selected candidates will be reimbursed accommodation allowance at the prescribed rate
as per rules of the company applicable in this regard.
2. Apart from consolidated fee and accommodation allowance, limited medical benefits will be
provided as per rules of the company applicable to existing contract employees.
3. Leave: The selected candidates shall be entitled to 15 days leave with pay in every six months
for their contractual service which can be availed on pro rata basis on approval of the HoD.
Further, they will also be entitled for 05 days special off with pay which can be availed on pro
rata basis up to a maximum of 02 days at a time, with the approval of HoD. The number of
unavailed leave with pay and unavailed special off in a contractual period of six months will get
accumulated in the next six months.
4. Further the selected candidates shall be paid to and fro train fare (AC II tier) for himself and
family (wife and children only) for travel to home station and back once in every 12 months
during the contract period. However for travel within NE region including travel upto Kolkata air
fare shall be paid on production of proof of travel by air.
• The above posts are purely temporary and the incumbents against these posts will be engaged
on contract basis initially for a period of six months, extendable further on six monthly basis for
a maximum period of 02 years depending upon the requirement and performance.
• Candidates appearing in the interview should have aptitude for field duty and physical fitness to
work in the fields.
• Candidates appearing for the above positions must have passed the prescribed qualifications
from a recognized Institute/University and approved by AICTE.
• Candidates employed in Govt/Semi Govt/PSU should produce “No Objection Certificate” when
appearing in the interview.
• Candidates appearing for the interview will be reimbursed to & fro AC II tier train fare by the
• The prescribed qualifications and experience are minimum and mere possession of the same
does not entitle candidates to be selected.
• Management reserves the right to cancel the candidature of any candidate without assigning
any reason thereof.
• Working hours will be as per the standard followed in Petroleum industry.
• Candidate appearing in the interview should be prepared to join within Short notice if selected.
• Only Indian nationals need apply.
• Canvassing in any form will result in cancellation of the candidature. Any dispute with regard to
the recruitment against this advertisement will be jurisdiction of Dibrugarh District Court only.
WALK IN INTERVIEW:
Interested and eligible candidates having the relevant experience and qualification only may walk-in
for an interview at Conference Room, Pipeline Headquarters, Oil India Limited, Noonmati,
Guwahati- 781171 on 12.07.2012 from 10:00 am to 02:00 pm together with a copy of resume, two
passport size photographs and photocopies and originals of all mark sheets and certificates including
the experience certificate.