Enable Health Society (EHS) is a registered Indian NGO working to reduce the impact of the HIV/AIDS epidemic, especially through building linkages with the government, greater involvement of people living with HIV and strengthening the capacity of public, private & community-based networks in providing quality care & support services to people living with HIV. Established in 2004, Enable Health Society is headquartered in New Delhi supported by state level offices represented by state coordinators.
Enable Health Society is part of the NGO consortium implementing Promoting Access to Care and Treatment (PACT) project in nine states of India, funded by The Global Fund. As a capacity building partner, the key role of Enable Health Society is to train the NGO sector providers for providing quality care and support services to people living with HIV in accordance with national treatment guidelines.
Enable Health Society invites applications for the position of State Training Coordinator- North East
The state training co-ordinator will be responsible for leading and coordinating the implementation of the GFATM supported PACT (Promoting Access to Care and Treatment) project activities especially the capacity building activities in North Eastern states — Manipur and Nagaland. Reporting to the Senior Training Manager and working with the project team for documentation, monitoring & evaluation activities, the state training co-ordinator will represent Enable Health Society (EHS) in North Eastern states — Manipur and Nagaland.
The position will be based in Manipur/Nagaland or Guwahati (any one of the location)
• Coordinate program implementation at state level, including planning, conducting EHS capacity building activities in North Eastern states — Manipur and Nagaland. Manage provision of technical assistance to CETC including conducting annual program design workshops and maintaining quality of the training programs.
• Responsible for data collection related to MIS and research studies, prepare periodic reports & document project findings.
• Coordinate, conduct and provide technical assistance for trainings on Treatment Adherence, Men As Partners (MAP), Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) and Facilitative Supervision (FS) for HIV positive people, including review of the translated version of the curriculums in their respective regional language, training documentation.
• Develop and maintain relations with partners and other stakeholders. Represent the agency in the area of capacity building and share learning approaches with NACO, State AIDS Control Societies, agencies working at the state level and other project stakeholders in Manipur and Nagaland.
The position is state based and candidate should be ready to travel up to 40%.
Qualifications and Experience
• Post Graduate degree in health/social work, psychology and or sociology or equivalent. More than 5 years experience in developing and implementing training and other field interventions, with a minimum of 3-4 years experience in HIV/AIDS or other relevant health area preferably with NGO sector programming.
• Fluency in English is a must with high competencies in written and spoken languages in Manipur and Nagaland.
• Strong networking, liaisoning and relationship building skills with a good team spirit.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize effectively.
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English and regional languages.
• Excellent documentation skills.
Interested candidates may apply with a detailed C.V. by July 12, 2012 stating current salary drawn and expected salary and giving details of three references to: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and called for an interview.
EHS is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, caste, religion, race, HIV Status etc. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.