ICRA Management Consulting Services Limited (IMaCS) has been engaged by an UN Agency to provide technical assistance towards financial and human resources management for various programmes in Assam & other North-East States.
IMaCS invites applications from qualified candidates for one position of Maternal & Newborn Care (MNBC) Consultant at Guwahati, Assam. He/ She will provide technical assistance and support to the Government of Assam for the planning, co-ordination, implementation and monitoring of the Maternal & Newborn Care (MNBC) as well as Women’s Health-related interventions in the State. The incumbent’s responsibilities will include capacity-building and technical backstopping of State health system in the critical areas of Safe Motherhood and Emergency Obstetric care and it is expected that the high impact interventions that will be advocated and implemented will contribute to a reduction in maternal mortality and morbidity.
Details of tasks
This will cover the following tasks:
1. To assist PO-Health/ Assam in providing programme guidance and technical support to the State as well as in selected districts where MNBC programming is to be undertaken (SBA trainings, ASHA trainings, FRU assessments and operationalization and strengthening of midwifery training institutions).
2. Provide technical assistance for Maternal & Newborn Care Interventions in Assam, as follows:
a. Provide technical support for assessment and operationalization of FRUs in selected districts
b. Facilitate assessment of quality and monitor implementation of ongoing SBA trainings: in consultation with NRHM, assist State HIFW to develop State Plan of Action for quality SBA training, and facilitate its implementation at state and District levels (select districts/Medical Colleges).
c. Contribute to technical updating of Government strategies/plans to reduce maternal mortality and morbidity (direct and indirect causes), focusing on access, equity and effectiveness of service delivery.
d. Build monitoring capacity of NRHM for acceleration of MNBC interventions using evidence-based criteria (select districts).
e. Explore and build partnerships (government and NGO) at sub-district level (select districts) on MNBC, to address maternal mortality.
f. Field – level management and monitoring of activities.
3. Monthly update/reporting on State & District –level MNC activities particularly status and progress of SBA training and implementation; assessment and operationalization of FRUs, including monitoring reports.
4. Monthly monitoring report of the 24X7 PHC/FRU with action taken report.
5. Monthly reporting on technical and other support provided to the Jt. Director health Services/ DHS Assam at state and district levels.
6. To provide completion reports for the trainings and implementation in the districts.
7. Working closely with SIHFW/NRHM and DHS FW to ensure timely completion of the training calendar.
8. To ensure that for the reporting in HMIS and share monthly analysis on the MCH indicators.
9. Monthly performance report on various monitoring indicators on SBA and EmOC trainings on the SIHFW/NIHFW monitoring formats.
10.State administrative coverage report on MCH indicators and monthly analysis.
11.Monthly SBA/EmOC/LSAS/ASHA trainings/ANM training and other training and implementation report.
12.Documentation and human interest story, field reports.
13.Preparation and timely submission of field trip reports, briefing documents and data for presentations/reports, as needed
Qualification and Experience:
· Medical Graduate with 3-5 years’ experience and PG training in Ob Gyn or Public Health.
· Familiarity with theory and practical applications and essentials of Maternal & Newborn Care and Emergency Obstetric Care.
· Experience in planning and management of Health sector/ RCH programmes.
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills, with ability to conduct independent analysis of, and planning for RCH programme/ services.
· Good negotiation and influencing skills, supported by excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English, Hindi essential and Assamese/ Bengali desirable.
· Working knowledge of MS Office essential; knowledge of data analysis packages preferable.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Contract Duration and Appointment: Initially upto 31st December 2012 and may be renewable subject to requirement &/or performance. Interested candidate may request for the prescribed application form to