IMaCS is a consulting firm with more than 15 years of experience in executing consulting assignments across diverse sectors in India and overseas. IMaCS has been engaged by an UN Agency to provide technical assistance towards financial and human resources management for various programmes in Assam & other North-East States.
IMaCS invites applications from qualified candidates for the 01 (One) position of State Consultant – Integrated Child Protection Scheme for Guwahati, Assam. The overall objective of the Consultancy would be to provide technical support to the Department of Social Welfare, Government of Assam, in the areas outlined below, which would contribute to the achievement of results envisaged in the Annual Work-plan 2012 of child protection programme. One of the objectives of the Child Protection programme in Assam is to strengthen the effective rollout, implementation and monitoring of the ICPS and Juvenile Justice system in the State. This consultancy aims to support the DSW’s efforts to ensure that the ICPS is rolled out with quality and in a timely manner, and to streamline the implementation and monitoring of the JJA, including the psychosocial and case management interventions, capacity-building of JJ functionaries and statutory bodies, and monitoring standards of care in institutions.
Major Tasks to be accomplished
A. Technical Co-ordination, Supportive, Supervision & Monitoring.
1. Provide technical support to Directorate of Social Welfare on timely and effective roll-out of the Integrated Child Protection Scheme (ICPS) in Assam:
· Support towards awareness, sensitization and capacity building activities with stakeholders;
· Develop terms of reference for needs assessment and child protection plans at state and district levels, and facilitate the process of needs assessment and child protection plan in select districts and at state level. Also, support towards developing convergent district child protection plan in select districts;
· Provide support towards timely establishment and effective and efficient functioning of ICPS structures at State and district levels, such as State Child Protection Society and District Child Protection Units;
· Technical support towards development and finalization of various modules/manuals, and other training and IEC materials on ICPS/JJ;
· Technical support towards timely and effective roll-out of training and capacity building activities with ICPS/JJ functionaries at State and district level;
· Liaise and network with relevant government departments and various statutory bodies and commissions which has relevance for child protection programme in Assam for ensuring effective implementation of ICPS in the State;
· Any other support to the DSW and Programme to strengthen the child protectionmechanisms and systems in the state;
· Discharge any other functions as assigned by the Supervisor within the scope of thechild protection programme.
2. Provide technical support towards improved standards of care in Children’s Institutions in Assam:
· Provide on- going technical support to psychosocial and case management activities in children’s institutions;
· Provide support towards institutionalization of monitoring of minimum standards of care in children’s institutions and to ensure the state juvenile justice Rules are followed in the implementation of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act.
All these would be done in consultation with the Programme and Department of Social Welfare, Government of Assam.
· Monthly activity report.
· Concept notes
· Capacity development plan and its implementation report
· Monitoring reports
· Manuals/ Modules/ Presentations.
As part of the assignment there would be training manuals and related communication materials developed which would be the property of Department of Social Welfare and Child Protection Programme of the State.
Official Travel involved
The position is based in Guwahati but the person will have to travel to different districts in the State, and if required, outside the state. At least 10 days of travel a month to the districts is anticipated.
Qualification and Experience, Knowledge and skill
· The candidates should possess an advanced Post Graduate university degree in Social work/Child Development/Social sciences.
· Relevant work experience in the area of child protection and working with communities and government of at least for about five years.
· Understanding of National and state level flagship programme and policies especially on the issues of Child Protection with an emphasis on Juvenile Justice Systems.
· Experience in working with Government system, proven understanding of local issues, in the state, and dealing with the same will be added advantage.
· The candidate is also expected to possess good negotiation and communication skills (both written and oral) as well as analytical skills.
· Proficiency in using computer applications such as Microsoft Office would be essential.
· Fluency in English and Hindi languages is essential. Fluency in Assamese will be an asset.
Contract Duration and Appointment
Initially upto 31st December 2012 (with possibility of extension based on performance review). Interested candidate may download prescribed application form as CV Format
and email duly filled application formatto firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last date for receiving application is 29th
January 2012. Only short-listed candidates will receive acknowledgment. There will be a written test as well as interview for the selection.
QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.