Various positions: Coordinator, Research Officer, Training Coordinator, Accountant. For Regional Technical Training Centres (RTTC) at Ranchi & Shillong.
Emmanuel Hospital Association, GFATM Rd9 HIV-IDU Grant ?
Locations: Central Institute of Psychiatry Ranchi and North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health & Medical Sciences Shillong
Last Date: January 13, 2012
The Emmanuel Hospital Association invites applications for following positions to be placed with the RTTC (Sub Recipients of the grant) at Central Institute of Psychiatry Ranchi and North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health & Medical Sciences Shillong: -
(1) RTTC Coordinator, (2) Research Officer, (3) Training Coordinator (4) Accountant
The Emmanuel Hospital Association (EHA) is the Principal Recipient (PR) for The Global Fund Round-9 India HIV (IDU) Grant that rolled-out on 01-October-2010.
The project aims at strengthening the institutions undertaking Harm Reduction services for IDUs. For building the capacity of different cadre of staff of IDU TIs, three different capacity building entities are envisaged under the GF project. One of these is a Medical college of repute, designated as Regional Technical Training Centre (RTTCs) that will train the doctors and nursing staff of the IDU TIs.
For the purpose of executing the proposed project activities in these 2 RTTCs, four positions – one RTTC Coordinator, one Research Officer, one Training Coordinator and one Accountant at each of these two sites are invited.
(1) RTTC COORDINATOR
Roles & Responsibilities:
· The RTTC Coordinator will coordinate with the PR-PMU, SACS and the Technical Partners and other stakeholders in executing the activities as per the work plan of the GF Round – 9 Project.
· Facilitate the training in IDU harm reduction package for the doctors and nurses of targeted interventions (TI) centres in the region.
· S/he should supervise the training activities in the centre and provide guidance to the Research Officer and Training Coordinator in carrying out trainings and operations research activities.
· S/he should attend training programmes organised by the PMU / Technical Partners on programmatic, financial, monitoring and technical aspects.
· S/he is responsible for submission of progress reports as per the formats provided by PMU and also should meet other reporting requirements. RTTC Coordinator will be responsible for obtaining quality and validated data.
Qualification & experience
· MBBS with postgraduate degree in Psychiatry/Public Health/General Medicine
· Minimum 3 years of experience after post-graduation.
· Strong communication and outstanding organizational skills.
· Experience in working with HIV related field is desirable.
· Knowledge on IDU harm reduction programs is desirable.
(2) RESEARCH OFFICER:
Roles & Responsibilities: :
· Design, conduct and coordinate research activities on IDU related issues.
· Should coordinate with RTTC Coordinator and the concerned medical department for carrying out operation research activities
· Responsible for conducting primary and secondary research on IDU related issues.
· Collate and analyze the data on IDU issues and document best practices in IDU harm reduction along with fulfilling all project requirements in terms of M&E.
· Support the evaluation / research activities conducted by PMU / technical partners as part of the project.
Qualification & experience
· Post graduate in Medicine/Social Sciences / Science / Public Health with demonstrated skills in research projects
· Knowledge of contemporary methodologies and analytic tools in quantitative and qualitative research
· Exposure to research in development sector will be desirable
· Experience of research in IDU HIV related field preferred.
· Experience in M&E activities is desirable
(3) TRAINING COORDINATOR
Roles & Responsibilities:
· The Training Officer should actively participate and lead in all the harm reduction trainings conducted in the RTTC.
- S/he should design, plan and implement the detailed training schedule for the RTTC (done in conjunction with the RTTC Coordinator)
- S/he should work closely with the PMU Capacity Building Officer to ensure that trainings are conducted as per the curriculum.
· S/He should attend training programmes organised by the PMU / Technical Partners on programmatic, financial, monitoring and technical aspects.
- S/he should maintain training records, update the date base and training schedules for all trainings conducted in the institution
Experience & Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Medicine / Social Sciences / Public Health with minimum 3 years of experience in social development programmes;
· Experience in conducting and coordinating training and capacity building programmes in health at National or State level
· Previous experience in HIV / IDU harm reduction services is desirable
· Excellent communication and documentation skills
The accountant will be responsible for undertaking all the routine accounting/finance related activities as per the requirements of the Global fund Round 9 HIV –IDU Grant.
Education and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or in related accounting field supplemented with at least 1 year of related experience.
• Experience in working with government and NGO setting in grant accounting is desirable
• Working knowledge of accounting software like Tally is preferred
The Emmanuel Hospital Association strives to have a workforce that reflects diversity and gender balance, and applies an equal opportunities approach. EHA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS status. All selection is on merit. Only short listed candidates will be notified and called for an interview. No phone calls will be entertained.
Interested candidates may apply with a detailed C.V. by January 13, 2011 stating current salary drawn and expected salary and giving details of three references to: [email protected]
All applicants are requested to mention “<Position> – <Location>” in the subject line.