Solidarity and Action Against The HIV Infection in India recruits Coordinator
Services and Advocacy Coordinator
Solidarity and Action Against The HIV Infection in India
Location: Imphal, Manipur
Last Date: October 30, 2010
Solidarity and Action Against the HIV Infection in India (SAATHII), a non-profit organization registered in 2002, was founded with a vision to stabilize and reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS in India and ensure that people living with HIV/AIDS receive un-stigmatized, affordable and quality care, support and treatment. Headquartered in Chennai, it has branch offices at Kolkata, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Bhubaneshwar, Imphal, Nagpur, Karur and Trichy.
SAATHII seeks to fill the vacancy of Services and Advocacy Coordinator, Orissa and West Bengal, for a project to empower women affected and infected by HIV through legal literacy and property ownership in eight states of India, namely West Bengal, Orissa, Manipur, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, and Rajasthan. The project is being implemented in partnership with the Positive Women’s Network (PWN+), which runs a wide and successful variety of grass-roots interventions based around support groups for women living with HIV.
The selected candidate will help develop legal-civic coalitions or strengthen existing ones, plan and facilitate advocacy activities and campaigns at state level, plan and organize trainings, monitor district-level program implementation and reporting, liaise with the state and district level key stakeholder and provide ongoing support to the DLNs in service delivery. S/he will also be responsible for routine documentation and reporting to the central office on monthly basis.
– Ability to monitor legal issues around women infected and affected by HIV/AIDS, and support the district level outreach staff in addressing these issues with the help of legal/paralegal experts
– Familiarity with planning and conducting advocacy campaigns at district and state level
– Ability to follow-up cases to ensure timely and effective action
– Familiar with and sensitive to issues impacting people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS
– Ability to collate field evidence for case studies on property inheritance and other legal violations impacting women affected and infected by HIV/AIDS
– Experience in networking with government departments and civil society organisations
– Good written and oral communication in Oriya, Bengali, and English
– Sound computer skills, including use of Internet and MS Office software
The candidate must be a post graduate or experienced graduate in social science / social work, or its equivalent, with 2-3 years of grass root experience in the field of HIV/AIDS especially working with PLHIV Networks. S/he should be willing to travel within Manipur. We prefer applicants currently based in Manipur.
SAATHII provides a secular working environment and does not discriminate based on HIV/AIDS serostatus, religious or community affiliations, sex, gender, or sexual orientation. People living with HIV, women, and individuals belonging to other vulnerable groups are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to send a cover letter detailing their eligibility for the position, an updated bio-data, and two references to email@example.com on or before 30th October, 2010. Please mention the Code POLL-SAC-1010 in the subject line of your mail.