NACO, Guwahati recruits Doctors
Name of the post : Regional Coordinator(Care, Support & Treatment).
No.of Posts : One.
Base Station : NACO,NE Regional Office, Guwahati.
Nature of the Agreement : Contractual, initially for 1 year with performance based extension.
Educational Qualification : MBBS with ( Post Graduate degree/Diploma) qualification in the field of medicine/TB chest/ Pediatrics/ Gynae/ Microbiolodgy/ Skin & VD / Diploma in Health Management /Public Health and at least 5 years of experiences in Medical Colleges or District hospital.
Preference will also be given to persons having experiences of working in the field of HIV/AIDS .The incumbent should have working knowledge of computer including MS office package.
Salary : In the range of Rs. 57,500/- per month ( depending upon experiences)
Age : Not more than 60 years.
• To ensure implementation of ART Services as per prescribed Operational Guidelines.
• To take measures to ensure high (>95%) ARV drug adherence levels.
• To ensure adherence to the highest standards of quality and excellence in patient care and follow good clinical practices and that PLHAs are not discriminated in the hospital and are not denied admission/ care.
• To undertake the assess and take measures to strengthen of the linkages of the ART centers with the VCTC, PPTCT and TB programme as well as with the Community Care Centers. This shall be done in places with existing ART centers as well as for those planned later on.
• To coordinate with Principals/Deans of Medical Colleges and Medical Superintendents/Director of District Hospitals /Other Hospitals for coordination of ART services with active participation of NGOs and PLHA networks.
• To support SACS in developing clear targets, with time lines, determine resource requirements and assist in establishing the program management and information systems for scaling up ART as part of the comprehensive HIV/AIDS Care and treatment programme.
• To undertake regular assessment of facilities providing ART and HIV/AIDS care, laboratories for CD4 capability and general tests including supply of CD4 kits. human and financial resources and Infrastructure at Centers
• To ensure that adequate quantities of ARV drug are available at ART centers and assist NACO in monitoring drug supply logistics within your area of work, ensuring that they are no stock outs and expires.
• To coordinate all the training activities for the ART centers in your area and ensure good practices for ARV prescriptions
• To assist NACO and SACS in training, supervision and establishment of follow-up systems for patients on care and ART in the public and private sector.
• To communicate up-to-date information on programme implementation and feedback on policy implementation to NACO and ensure that all centers send monthly ART report to NACO by 2nd of every month.
• To provide a regular update to NACO on the ART program in the zone and assist the SACS and NACO in analysis of data and publications.
• To send weekly reports on work done to NACO and shall be required to attend a periodic review meeting at NACO.
• The candidate should be willing to travel extensively in region allocated.
Date of Advertisement: 14th September 2010
The interested candidates should email their detailed application along with CV with the subject line “ Application for Regional Coordinator (CST) for North East” before 30th September 2010 to firstname.lastname@example.org