IMaCS, Guwahati recruits Consultant
IMaCS is a consulting firm with more than 15 years of experience in executing consulting assignments across diverse sectors in India and overseas. IMaCS has been engaged by an UN Agency to provide Technical financial and human resource support to various programmes and operation. In this regard, IMaCS invites applications from qualified candidates for the positions of Consultant based at Guwahati. He/ she will provide ongoing technical support to the ASCPCR and build the Commission’s capacities to effectively undertake following functions on a regular basis.
Details of tasks
1. Support the commission in development of a comprehensive Annual Action Plans, including plan of action for awareness generation and child rights literacy among various stakeholders;
2. Assist in developing and implementing a systematic complaints and monitoring mechanism;
3. Review international treaties and instruments and laws relating to protection of child rights;
4. undertake comprehensive review of existing Government policies, programmes, action plans, and prepare reports of these reviews; Undertake and coordinate research on child rights issues;
5. Provide ongoing technical support to regular work of the commission, including review of situation of children in the state and violations of child rights;
6. Plan and assist in monitoring visits of the ASCPCR, as required;
7. Develop proposals, reports, minutes of meetings, etc, as required;
8. Facilitate coordination and conduct of seminars, workshops, conferences, consultations and meetings organized by ASCPCR;
9. Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports of the activities of the ASCPCR.
Qualification and Experience:
• Minimum Post Graduate degree in law, social work, child rights or a combination of these;
• Thorough knowledge of child rights, child rights violations, child rights related international legislation, conventions and treaties, complaint and reporting mechanisms;
• Thorough understanding of laws relating to children, including legislation pertaining to JJ Act, Child Marriage Prohibition Act, Child Labour Prohibition Act, Immoral Trafficking Prevention Act, and so on;
• Past experience of working on issues of child rights, especially relating to monitoring of child protection related issues;
• Skills in proposal and action plan development, report writing and documentation;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, including training and capacity building skills; working knowledge of Assamese and Hindi an asset;
• Experience of working with the government will be an asset;
• Working knowledge of IT and computers including internet navigation, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Contract Duration and Appointment: Initially for one year, but renewable. Interested candidate can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by or before 20th September 2010. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.