IMaCS Guwahati recruits Child Health Consultant
IMaCS is a consulting firm with more than 15 years of experience in executing consulting assignments across diverse sectors in India and overseas. IMaCS has been engaged by an UN Agency to provide technical assistance towards financial and human resources management for various programmes in Assam & other North-East States. In this regard, IMaCS invites applications from qualified candidates for the positions of Child Health Consultant based at Guwahati. He/ She will provide technical assistance and support to the Government of Assam for the planning, co-ordination, implementation and monitoring of the child health interventions in the State. His / Her responsibilities include capacity-building and technical support of the State health system in the critical areas of child survival. It is expected that the high impact interventions that will be advocated and implemented will contribute to a reduction in mortality and morbidity in child. He/ She will stationed at Guwahati (needs to do traveling in the districts of Assam whenever required)
Details of tasks
1. Prepare a work plan for all the child health intervention envisaged in RCH-II/NRHM PIP. Facilitate the districts in preparing district work plans for the same.
2. Develop guidelines, participate and organize training of trainers programmes, develop/adapt teaching learning material for effective implementation of the child health interventions.
3. Assist the NRHM/Government of Assam in close monitoring of physical and financial performance of the child health interventions in the State, review districts performance and provide feedback.
4. Facilitate districts to develop a work plan for IMNCI training in identified districts and ensure proper and effective training. Focus on the IMNCI implementation and strengthening the reporting mechanism.
5. Planning for upscaling of F-IMNCI across the state level. Monitoring and supervision of the F-IMNCI training.
6. Facilitate the training and the implementation of the NSSK and compilation of the reporting from the districts.
7. Monitoring and supervision of the Sick new born care units, Stabilization units and the New born corners. Operationalization of the training of the SCNU staff on the upgradation of skills.
8. Monitoring and supervision of Village Health and nutrition days, Village Health and sanitation committee including trainings. Facilitate to strengthen the supportive supervision.
9. Identify poor performing health institutions, undertake exploratory visits, identify the determinants of poor performance and suggest appropriate interventions.
10. Prepare a district-wise annual status report on child health, analyze regional and inter-district variations and suggest appropriate measures.
11. Facilitate identification of resource persons/resource agencies for developing in-house capacities in training, communication, clinical skills.
12. Interact with Development Partners and other stake holders in formulation of policies for the child survival activities.
13. Assist the NRHM/Govt. of Assam in undertaking an independent assessment of infant mortality in the State including inter-district and regional variations and assist in developing appropriate strategies to address the problems of high infant mortality.
14. Assist in identifying suitable indicators for measuring child health outcomes in the state and incorporate measurement of these indicators into integrated State HMIS.
15. Assist in organizing and participating in Workshop/Seminar/Training Program on child health.
16. Assist conducting rapid assessment of Immunization status in the community.
17. Assist in implementation of BFHI (Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative) in the state, and in organizing training on IYCF (Infant and Young Child Feeding)
18. Assist in establishment of NRC in identified districts
19. Attend to any other duties and responsibilities assigned by NRHM
Qualification and Experience:
• Medical Graduate with 3-5 years experience and PG training in Pediatrics or Public Health
• Familiarity with theory and practical applications and essentials of child survival
• Experience in planning and management of Health sector/RCH programmes
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills with ability to conduct independent analysis of, and planning for RCH programme/services
• Good negotiation and influencing skills supported by excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English and Assamese, essential and in Hindi/Bengali desirable.
• Working knowledge of MS Office essential; knowledge of data analysis packages preferable
Contract Duration and Appointment: Initially for one year, but renewable. Interested candidate can send their resume to email@example.com by or before 10th September 2010. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.