No.1-14/2009-2010/189 Dated Guwahati. the 27th August/2010
In continuation of earlier advertisement issued vide No. 1-14/2009-2010/19 dated 10-12-2009. applications in prescribed standard form (published in the Assam Gazette part-IX) are invited from intending candidates, who are citizen of India as defined in Article 5 to 8 of the Constitution of India for the following additional posts of Assistant Inspector of Excise (in Grade-Ill) under the establishment of Commissioner of Excise, Assam. Details of the posts and necessary conditions for offering candidature for the posts are given below-.
The candidates who have already applied’ for the post of Assistant Inspector of Excise, under the establishment of Commissioner of Excise, Assam in response to this office earlier advertisement No. 1-14/2009-2010/19 published through various news papers, need not apply again. Their candidature as well as the candidature offered by candidates in response to this advertisement shall be considered against all the posts notified vide this office advertisement No. 1-14/2009-2010/19 and No. 1-14/2009-2010/189. Details of the post
(1) Name of the Post : Assistant Inspector of Excise.
(2) Number of post : 40 nos. (forty)
(3) Scaleof Pay : Rs.5200-20200(PB-2)with grade payRs.2,lOO.OO
(4) Age : The candidate must not be less than 18 years and not more than 38 years of age in case of General and OBC/MOBC candidates and 43 years in case of ST(P)/SC & ST(H) candidates as on 01-01-2010.
(5) Educational Qualification: Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examination passed or its equivalent from any recognized University/ Board.
(6) The last date of receipt of application is 15th September, 2010. No application will be entertained after the last date fixed.
(7) The application will be received District wise in all office of the District Superintendents of Excise through out the State on all working days upto the last date of receipt mentioned above.
(8) Application will have to be submitted in the District Superintendent of Excise office clearly indicating the name of the post on the top of the envelop in block letters.
(9) Employment Exchange registration number should be indicated on the application with attested copies of Employment Exchange registration card.
(10) Candidates belonging to reserved categories shall have to furnish attested copies of documentary evidence.
(11) The applicant shall have to furnish with the application a self addressed postage paid envelop of 10″ X 47,” size clearly indicating the full postal address of the applicant in block letters with respective postal index number (PIN).
(12) Candidates for the recruitment to the post of Assistant Inspector of Excise should be of sound health both mentally and physically. Person with deformity which is likely to interfere with efficient performance of duty need not apply for the post.
(13) Applications found incomplete and which does not conform to the requisite qualification or found to contain false misrepresentation shall be rejected.
(14) The candidates will have to appear in a wntten examination on the following subjects, after which the selected candidate will further be required to appear in an interview at their own expenses before the Selection Committee. The places and dates of the written examination and interview will be notified later on.
Subjects Total Marks Time
1 General English, 150 3 hours ______________________
2. General Knowledge
The standard will be the same as that of prescribed for Pre -University/
Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examination.
(15) The decision of the Selection Committee as to the eligibility or otherwise
of a candidate for admission to the written examination/interview shall
be final. Incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. Government
servant should apply through proper channel.
(16) The selected candidates will submit an undertaking to the appointing authority that they will abide by the new pension rules of the Govt, issued vide Finance Department No.BW.3/03/pt-ll/1 dated 25.01.2005.
(17) The written test for the above post is likely to be held on the last part of October12010.
(18) The application must accompany the following documents.
(i) Two copies of recent passport size photograph and duly signed by the candidates indicating his full name on the back side of photograph.
(ii) A copy of age certificate duly attested by the Gazetted Officer.
(iii) Educational qualification certificate duly attested by Gazetted Officer.
(iv) Caste certificate for reserved category duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
(v) Self addressed envelop of 10″ X 4.5″ size with postage stamp of Rs. 5.00 (five) only.
(19) No application will be received in the Office of the Commissioner of Excise, Assam,. Housefed Complex, Dispur, Guwahati-06.
Canvassing directly or indirectly will disqualify a candidate.
Sd/- Commissioner of Excise. Assam Janasanyog/1985/10 Housefed Complex, Dispur, Guwahati-06