Caritas, Guwahati recruits Logistics and Supply Chain Management Officer
Under the direction and supervision of the Regional Project Manger, the Logistics and Supply Chain Management Officer will be responsible for planning and coordinating supply of logistics to service delivery points in association with the National Vector Borne Diseases Control Programme, GoI.
- Develop plan for logistics supply to the service delivery points of Caritas India and Sub-recipients. Ensure inclusion of plan in programme implementation plan of the state/ district VBDC authorities.
- Establish systems and processes for logistics supply management including storage spaces according to national programme norms and standards.
- Capacitate concerned project personnel on logistics and supply chain management.
- Coordinate with NVBDCP, state/ district VBDC authorities for logistics supply, as per plan and as necessary.
- Facilitate inventory management at different levels.
- Develop logistics information system in order to facilitate availability of logistics, as per plan.
- Perform any other duties related to the Round 9 project, as necessary.
Qualification and Experience
• Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized University • 5 years of experience in relation to logistics and supply chain management; • Proven familiarity with development project operations, preferably in multi-point implementation environment.
• Track record of undertaking a range of tasks simultaneously, adherence to time lines and ensuring delivery of quality reports on logistics and supply chain management including inventory management • Good written and verbal communication skills in English • Strong coordination and negotiation skills • Good interpersonal skills including professionalism and a cooperative attitude • Ability to interact effectively, both outside and within the Caritas India; • Proficiency in MS Office Suite Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, etc) • Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team with various counterparts by maintaining strong working relationships.
Length of Assignment
The assignment will initially be for two years (including one year probation), with the possibility of subsequent extension should Caritas India deem this to be desirable.
Logistics and Supply Chain Management Officer will be expected to travel in the northeastern states of India, as necessary.
Apply Online At: