Centre for Juridical Studies, Dibrugarh University recruits Professors
Applications (8 copies) in the prescribed form of the University are invited from the intending eligible candidates as per the UGC norms and having uniformly good academic career for the following posts in the Centre for Juridical Studies, D.U. so as to reach the Registrar, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh-786004 on or before 06/08/2010.
(A) PROFESSOR : [Scale of pay : Rs. 37400-67000+AGP 10000/-]
(B) READER : [Scale of pay :Rs. 37400-67000+AGP 9000/-]
(C) LECTURER : [Scale of pay :Rs. 15600-39100+AGP 6000/-]
In case of non-availability of qualified candidates as per UGC norms, appointment at the level of Lecturer on contract basis with consolidated salary of Rs. 15,000/-p.m. shall be considered.
Application form along with details of the qualification and experience for the above posts can be obtained from the Section Officer (Estt.’A’) either personally or by sending a stamped (Rs.30/?) self-addressed envelope (25×10 cm) and a BANK DRAFT of Rs. 200/- in favour of the Registrar, Dibrugarh University, Dibrugarh, payable at State Bank of India, Dibrugarh University Branch (Code 2051). The form can also be downloaded from the University website www.dibru.ac.in
(I) Eligibility :
(1) The applicant must be a citizen of India.
(2) He / She must be medically fit both in mind and in body – a certificate duly signed by the District Medical Officer, Dibrugarh District or any competent Registered Medical Officer, approved by the Vice-Chancellor, shall have to be produced by any person who has been appointed as a teacher before he / she is allowed to join. Provided that in the case of a person already in service of the Dibrugarh University, such a Medical Certificate shall not be required.
(3) A certificate of good character from the Head of the Institution last attended or served shall ordinarily accompany an application for the post of a teacher, if he / she is not already in service of the University.
(4) The candidate must possess the minimum qualification for the respective posts.
(II) General Qualification, Experience and Requirements :
(A) For the post of Professor :
A. (i) An eminent scholar with Ph.D. qualification(s) in the concerned / allied / relevant discipline and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications as books and / or research / policy papers.
(ii) A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university / college, and / or experience in research at the University / National level institutions/industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
(iii) Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process.
(iv) A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), set out in this Regulation in Tables I to IX of Appendix III.
B. An outstanding professional, with established reputation in the relevant field, who has made significant contributions to the knowledge in the concerned / allied/relevant discipline, to be substantiated by credentials.
(B) For the post of Reader :
(i) Good academic record with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned /allied / relevant disciplines.
(ii) A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
(iii) A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and / or research in an academic / research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry excluding the period of Ph.D. research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
(iv) Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology – mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
(v) A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), set out in this Regulation in Tables I to IX of Appendix III.
(C) For the post of Lecturer :
(i) Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
(ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
(iii) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-clauses (i) and (ii) to this Clause 4.4.1, candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges / Institutions.
(iv) NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
Scale of pay :
Professor : Rs. 37400-67000+AGP 10000/-
Reader : Rs. 37400-67000+AGP 9000/-
Lecturer : Rs. 15600-39100+AGP 6000/-
(III) Conditions to be fulfilled after appointment :
(1) A person appointed to the post of a Teacher shall join within one month from the date of issue of appointment order, failing which the appointment order is liable to be cancelled, provided that in exceptional circumstances, the Vice-Chancellor may extend this period.
(2) Before a person appointed to the post of a Teacher joins in his / her post, he / she shall execute an agreement with the university that he / she shall strictly abide by the provisions of the Acts and the Ordinances. A Teacher shall also undertake in the agreement to submit to the Vice-Chancellor a self appraisal report of his / her performance annually.
(3) Every person appointed permanently to a post of Teacher shall be on probation for a period of one year. Provided that the period of probation may, for good and sufficient reasons, be extended by the Executive Council for another period not exceeding one year.
(4) Every person appointed permanently to a post of Teacher, on satisfactory completion of his / her period of probation, shall be confirmed in the post unless he / she is considered unfit for confirmation.
(5) The person, after joining the post of Teacher, will be subjected to the provisions of the Dibrugarh University Teachers’ Service Conditions Ordinance.