NACO, Guwahati recruits Regional Programme Officer – Basic Services
Regional Programme Officer – Basic Services
National AIDS Control Organisation – NE Regional office
Last Date: July 25th, 2010
Name of the post : Regional Programme Officer – Basic Services.
Base Station : NACO,NE Regional Office, Guwahati.
Nature of the Agreement : Contractual, initially for 1 year with performance based extension.
Educational Qualification : PG Degree/Diploma in Community Medicine or Public Health.
Experience : 8 – 10 years of experience in the relevant field. Work experience in NE region will be given preference
Other competencies : – Strong analytical skills
– Efficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
– Efficient in working with team
– Ability to deliver tasks on time
Salary : Will be commensurate with experiences & qualification
1.Coordinate with 8 NE State AIDS Control Societies and facilitate development of
Annual Action Plan for basic services including blood safety program components of
2. Overall monitoring and supervision of implementation of the approved activities under
basic services including blood safety program components of NACP III.
3. Overall supervision of service delivery of ICTC, PPTCT, HIV-TB, and blood safety
program components of NACP III in all 8 NE States in concurrence with the
Operational Guidelines developed by NACO.
4. Coordination with NRHM and RNTCP at the regional level and facilitate the same
at state level with SACS to ensure effective convergence of program for HIV-STI,
HIV-TB co-infection management and to increase cross referral cases between STI
service providers, ICTC, TB Microscopic Centres, DOTs, ART, CCC and TI NGOs.
5. Coordinate with NRL, SRLs and SACS to ensure effective implementation of
activities under External Quality Assurance Scheme in all NE States.
6. Conduct periodic review meetings with SACS officials to monitor and supervise the
physical and financial performance of basic services including blood safety program
7. Visit the States to provide supportive supervision to SACS focal persons for ICTC,
HIV-TB, and Blood Safety and to service centres.
8. Coordinate with RPA Training NACO NERO and SACS Officials who are in-charge
for training coordination to ensure provision of training to service providers for ICTC,
HIV-TB and Blood safety.
9. Deliver any task assigned by the Team Leader from time to time.