VIMARSH, The Consultancy Group, Agartala recruits National Programme Implementation Coordinator
NATIONAL PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION COORDINATOR FOR PARTICIPATORY NATURAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT PROJECT
Terms of Reference for a National Programme Implementation Coordinator
The Participatory Natural Resource Management Project, Tripura is an Indo German Development Cooperation Project (IGDC) joint supported by Government Of Tripura and German Development Bank KfW. It is being implemented at the state level by Project Management Authority (PMA) which is a registered society and a District Project Management Authority (DPMA) at the field level. A Technical Advisory Team (TAT) consisting of International and National experts provides support in the implementation of the project.
Since the project is entering into the implementation stage the Technical Advisory Team (TAT) needs support of a National Programme Implementation Coordinator to support the process. The duty station of the person will be Agartala with regular travels to the districts and villages. The time spent in villages and project districts will be around 50% of the time.
The Government of Tripura has contracted GOPA Consultants in association with Unique to provide consulting services for the implementation of the project. GOPA has contracted Vimarsh to identify; shortlist and contract the National Experts.
Vimarsh, The Consultancy Group is an independent development consulting firm specialising in poverty alleviation, health care, livelihoods, natural resource management, water and sanitation, micro-credit, micro-enterprise development and management. Vimarsh offers its expertise in strategic planning, policy formulation, project preparation, implementation and management. It also provides services for evaluations, impact assessment, organisation and systems development, human resource development, communications, procurement, MIS to development organisations.
Tasks of the National Programme Implementation Coordinator:
• Assist the CTA and the NCTA in preparation of baseline and maintenance of M&E system.
• Assist the CTA and NCTA in compiling relevant documentation and experiences of other donor-supported and national projects.
• Assist the CTA and the NCTA in the supervision and coordination of project activities including the definition of priorities for interventions for the formulation of Village Development Plans (VDPs) and their implementation.
• Support the Chief Technical Advisor (CTA) and the National Chief Technical Advisor (NCTA) in co-operation, communication and coordination with the PMA, involved NGOs and line departments.
• Preparation, organisation and implementation of training courses; including GPS survey trainings.
• Preparation/amendment of management guidelines, compilation of best practices.
• Report to the PMA on the progress of TAT inputs.
• Provide assistance and support to the PMA / DPMA in elaboration of overall and detailed planning, including project operational plans.
• Provide assistance and support to the PMA / DPMA in the development and establishment of a realistic project implementation time lines.
• Support PMA / DPMA in the preparation of progress and final reports.
• Liaise with the PMA in all project implementation and management issues.
• Provide assistance and support and in cooperation with national experts the PMA in the conceptual development, implementation, and monitoring of effective village level development planning.
• Provide support to the technical officers of PMA & DPMA in the implementation process.
The expert should have a degree in rural development from a reputed institute (e.g. IIFM, IRMA, TISS, etc) and at least 5 years of relevant job experience.
Send your CV preferably by emails to: email@example.com , by June 15, 2010.