ActionAid India recuits Desk Officer at Guwahati
ActionAid is an International development organisation supporting development initiatives in 50 countries across the world and working with poor and marginalised people to eradicate poverty by overcoming the injustice and inequity that cause it.
Set up in India in 1972, ActionAid operates out of 11 Regional Offices spread across 24 States and 1 Union Territory.
ActionAid India wishes to recruit a Desk Officer to be based at Guwahati.
Main Job Responsibilities:
• Providing administrative support to the Regional Office (RO).
• Attending reception, handling telephone calls and visitors etc.
• Providing secretarial support in preparation of documents, reports, minutes of meeting etc.
• Managing proper filing systems.
• Assisting Regional Manager in office coordination.
• Providing logistical support to the RO.
• Providing support in organizing meetings & workshops.
• Coordinating travel arrangements.
• Maintaining organizational directory.
• Web based/secondary information – support to the entire regional team.
• Assisting Regional Manager and entire team in searching Web based/secondary information.
• Any other work as may be assigned from time to time.
The successful candidate should:
• Be a Graduate
• Post qualification diploma/certificate in Office Management, Secretarial training etc., will be an added advantage
• Have good interpersonal and communicational skills. knowledge of local language is desirable;
• Have proficiency in all applications of MS Office, especially Excel and Word.
• Have excellent organizing and coordination skills.
• Possess high degree of efficiency and willingness to work under pressure.
• Be willing to travel.
Please send your application, only on our Standard Application Form available on our website: http://www.actionaid.org/india through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 12 June 2010. Please mention in the subject line of your e-mail “Desk Officer- Guwahati”. Applications received without the filled in Standard ActionAid Application Form will be summarily rejected. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
ActionAid is an equal opportunity and diversity sensitive employer and women, persons with disability, SC/ST/ OBC/Muslim candidates are especially encouraged to apply.